Is $100 enough for a gift?

posted 3 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
4513 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I think its enough! It sounds like she understands that money is tight and that you being there is what is important to her. I wouldn’t be worried.

Post # 4
6525 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@jennygrl070:  I think its enough because you gave gifts at the shower and you are spending money to be at her DW. 

Don’t be yourself up about it. She should be grateful for whatever she gets being that its a DW. 

Post # 5
691 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

That is quite enough and generous!

Post # 6
2205 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Definitely think it’s enough. 🙂

Post # 7
640 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

It’s plenty. You will hear stories of people giving way more than that, but if it’s what you want to give, and it’s what you can afford, then it is enough. Any gift is enough.

Post # 8
1103 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

That’s more than enough, thats my upper limit for when I don’t go to the shower too, let alone both things.  Remember, she’s not in it for the money!

Post # 9
259 posts
Helper bee

It’s more than enough!!! You’re a good friend 🙂 

Post # 10
6279 posts
Bee Keeper

if $100 is what you can afford, it is the perfect amount.

Post # 11
3519 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Absolutely–you’ve already spent much more than that on her, with your multiple gifts.

Post # 12
791 posts
Busy bee

$100 seems like more than enough to me.  A gift should be what you’re comfortable giving, and it sounds like you’re already gone above and beyond just giving a cash gift for the wedding. 

A gift is a gift, and should not come with an expected amount. 

Post # 13
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I think that is plenty. She will appreciate the homemade gifts so much more then money.

Post # 15
Hostess
9919 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

I think it’s more than plenty.  That’s our standard gift (or it was, it may go up now that our financial position is better…our household income has almost doubled in the last year).  She knows you have money problems, I think $100 is very generous with a hearfelt card.  It sounds like you’ve gone above and beyond already.  It sounds like your attendance at the wedding is really what’s important to her.

Post # 16
1892 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

absolutely — she made it clear that she wanted you there no matter what! the money isn’t important at all…. all the amazing gifts you have given (plus the heartfelt card) mean a heck of a lot more than a wad of cash stuck in a card

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors