(Closed) Is 125 guests a small wedding?

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
5892 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

125 is a perfect amount in my mind.  i think it depends more on the ratio of dancing people to non dancing people i.e. are a lot of those going to dance?  also, you can just have a smaller dance floor so it looks full.

Post # 4
1003 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Frick man, that seems like a huge wedding to me. In fact I am updating my guest list and I am at 65 people and my heart is just pounding. That is so many people for me!

Post # 5
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

It’s twice the size of my wedding, so yes, I would call it big!!

Post # 6
3182 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

That’s about the number we are having and I think it will be a good one!  Instead of number I am more worried about fun people v. boring people.  I think as long as you have a good percentage of people there to have a good time you’ll be fine!  

Post # 7
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

In my opinion, 100 or less is small, 100-200 is mid size, and over 200 is large.

Post # 8
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I’m having 125 but 100 will most likely show up as people have mentioned on here… 10-25 people say they are coming but don’t? Anyway I have been to raging parties with 40 people! Things that people still talk about today… it’s not really the amount of people but the event itself (plus I think 100 or 125 people is a lot!) It’ll turn out like a party not a small gathering, don’t worry!

Post # 9
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I think 125 is a medium-sized wedding. I think anything under 100 is small (not in a bad way!)

Post # 10
Hostess
23639 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

125 was my original target number.  With now 198 on the guest list, 150 is my new target number. It feels huge to me, but everyone says it’s a “good sized” smallish/mediumish wedding!

Post # 11
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@prettiestpink: At 125 it will definitely be a party.

Our guest list is 13. That’s a small wedding, in my mind.

Post # 12
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

We had 109.  We had people on the dance floor at some times, but it wasn’t a big party all night.  Just certain songs would get people out on the floor, then people would get tired and sit for a bit and talk.  

Here’s everyone that was at my wedding:

Post # 13
567 posts
Busy bee

I have felt the same way as you.  We are inviting about 125-130 and guessing about 100 will show.  I feel like this is just right for what we want.  We want to have a party and enjoy ourselves with the people that mean most. We are invititing our closest family and friends to spend this day with us.  FI’s cousins are getting married a year prior and one had about 200 people and the other is almost 400!!! Which seems crazy to both of us.  I think that 125 is just right in my mind.  Plenty of people to celebrate with, but not too many that you won’t have hundres to talk to and not get the chance to talk to everyone.

Post # 14
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

125 is medimum size.  I’m only have 40ppl, family and close friends, so I am only having a wedding dinner and then a group of us will continue the party locally.

Having been to weddings w/ to intimate wedding gathers to 400ppl, I suggest you find a venue that fits your guest comfortable and hire a really good DJ.  The DJ will keep it going all night long if that’s what you desire.

Congrats and remember its a celebration:)

Post # 15
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

we have 125 coming as well. I think it’s a good size and good mix of people to have a decent mixer 🙂

Post # 16
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

We are having 80 (or less). I wanted to have a small wedding and our venue holds 80 ppl max so that helped! I think you should have whatever size wedding is what you want and can afford. Also, I have been to large and small weddings and it didn’t matter how many people were there but who was there (good friends and family are most important). Lately I have talked to a lot of people who had larger weddings and the bride and groom felt like they spent the whole night trying to get around to talk to everyone and still couldn’t see them all!

Good luck with your planning!

The topic ‘Is 125 guests a small wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors