Is $125/night too much for guests to pay?

posted 3 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
2179 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2024

I don’t think $125 is too much at all. I am going to a wedding this summer and the room is $250/night which is outrageous since it’s not even in a major city like NYC or LA!

Post # 4
744 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@MrsGardner2B: I don’t think that is too much especially if it includes breakfast.  Guests will always have the option of looking around at other places if $125 is just too much for them.  

Post # 5
10748 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

That’s cheap!

Post # 6
2130 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I plan on blocking off rooms at two different hotels – one nicer, more expensive one and another cheaper one. That way, guests have a choice and don’t have to feel obligated to get a hotel room they can’t afford.

That said, $125 doesn’t seem unreasonable, though it does depend on your guests and the location you’re in!

Post # 7
5432 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Ontario, Canada ♥ EDD- April 2016

Definitely not! I would be happy with that, especially because it comes with breakfast too (: If someone doesn’t want to pay the $125 they always have the option of choosing another hotel.

Post # 8
11731 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think $125 is a pretty decent hotel rate!

Post # 9
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I think that’s a lot but it depends where it is. We got a really nice 4 star with full breakfast for under $90 a night. I wouldn’t ask my guests to pay over $100 but there’s not really any hotels that cost that much around me and there will be a lot of our college friends there is I don’t want them to spend a lot. So it depends in your guests and location.

Post # 10
945 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Savannah, GA

I wish I could find a nice hotel for $125 for my guests.  :/

Post # 11
8025 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Thats a very affordable rate. I would be sketched out by anything cheaper!

ETA: if its too much for some guests, they are always free to make arrangements at the motel 8 or what have you!

Post # 12
5012 posts
Bee Keeper

@MrsGardner2B:  I don’t think it is too much. Ours is $118/night plus tax. We just got told by the bride of a wedding FI is in that their hotel will be $300 a night… its a 3 hour drive so we have to stay AND we have to attend the rehearsal dinner-so that means two nights!

If people think $125 is too much, they can always share the room w/another couple and cut costs that way. 

Post # 13
1779 posts
Buzzing bee

Our guests can book in our room block for $124 at a Hilton Hampton Inn! I definitely recommend trying grouptravel.org if you live in a suburb of a metropolitan area. Less work than calling around!

@MrsGardner2B:  

Post # 14
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

That would be reasonable for many people. You can also mention the chepaer hotels to people, but not block any rooms there. That is what I am doing – preffered rate at one hotel and listing other options on our wedding website. 

Post # 15
5518 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

@MrsGardner2B:  I don’t think its too high.  But where exactly in delco is it?  Are your guests going to be far from extras they might want to partake in?  I’d hate to spend 125 plus all the fees that comes with it to be stuck and unable to enjoy a different area.

Post # 16
1180 posts
Bumble bee

It depends on your area. You’ll have to see what median prices are. To me, that’s a great price, but I’m in Chicago. Here for my wedding date, the going rate is $185. It all depends, you’ll have to do your research.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors