11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Which bay? San Fran?

Post # 4
1116 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@heavenslight:  Are they giving you all the product after and/or doing more than one person? If so, not expensive. But if they’re just doing your make up and nothing else, then yes, very expensive. Why not go to Sephora or something? I’ve had my makeup done there several times and they’ve always done an AMAZING job. It’s free, as long as you buy $50 in product.

Post # 5
133 posts
Blushing bee

I’m not from that area, but my makeup is going to cost $35. I’d check other places and consider going to Sephora.

Post # 6
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Mine only cost $75 but I’m not from that area. That just seems a little high though IMO

Post # 7
4827 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

here in NY the best, best places charge $175. That seems like SUCH a rip off.

Post # 8
3978 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I am not from the area, but I would get quotes from other places. Does that also include travel fees to your location/ not in a salon?

Post # 9
10748 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

I’m not from there, but that sounds insanely high to me. Mine would be $90. 

Post # 10
6812 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

Does that include airbrush, false lashes and hair? Or does it include touchups throughout the day for pictures and your reception? Because if so, then maybe that seems reasonable, but even in NY, it’s usually closer to $100 than $200 (or $250!).

Post # 11
1590 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I would just never spend that on one days worth of makeup application. I’m from an NYC subrub, and $125 is the highest I’ve seen.

Post # 12
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Unfortunately I’m going to have to say yes if it includes airbrush makeup and the MUA is worth her salt. 

If you have troubled skin or think your features need a lot of makeup for you the feel pretty, then the more expensive MUA may be the way to go.  If you have awesome skin (have no need for airbrush) and features that don’t need a lot of makeup, you may be okay going for a less expensive one.  Look at their before/after pictures and try to see as many photos of work that you can to decide if that price is worth it to you. 

I will be paying $250 for makeup alone, another $250 for hair, but my skin is splotchy and my features plain, so that price is worth it to me. 

Gotta love the SF Bay Area, right?  :p

Post # 13
7281 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

In the DC metro area (HCOL like SF) I paid $200 (unlimited trials and day of) PLUS a travel fee. So, depending on what that $250 includes, it may not be unreasonable.

Post # 14
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m in upstate NY & for $250 I got a full trial, hair, makeup, and individual lashes.  My mua/hair stylist came to my house day of as well.

Post # 15
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Well, you’re going to wash it off at the end of the day…

Post # 16
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@heavenslight:  Hi from the bay area! Sadly, $250 is what I paid for hair & makeup, so yes, for just makeup, that feels awfully high.  If you’d like a referral to the girl I used, shoot me a PM! 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors