(Closed) is $290 too much to spend on wedding favors??

posted 6 years ago in Favors
Post # 3
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

In my opinion that sounds like alot. Our favors will cost around $120 for about 225 jelly jars that we’re making.

Post # 4
12882 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I think that sounds really expensive for only 60 bags of m&ms!

Post # 5
2216 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Its a little expensive for me, but its your wedding, so you can do what you want.  Have you considered just doing m&m’s in your color scheme and not personalizing them?

Post # 6
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

i am spending about that much on all the candy for my buffet, so i guess it isnt too expensive in books. It just seems like a lot for only 60 bags though…

Post # 7
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

Our favors were $6.50 each after you factor in the packaging and what not (we gave everyone apple pies) so no, I don’t think roughly $4.80 per favor is too exorbitant. Then again, I do think that’s a lot for the favor that you’re giving. While they are personalized and such, they’re still m&m’s. I personally wouldn’t spend that much on candy coated chocolate but if you have your heart set on it, then go for it. 

Post # 8
674 posts
Busy bee

They are only too expensive if you can’t afford them.

Seriously, it’s a completely personal decision. If you two have your hearts set on this favor, then it’s probably worth every penny. If you can be sold on something else, then it probably is a bit high.

Clearly, some people spend a lot less on favors. However, I also know plenty of people who spend a lot more. If you’ve got the budget and it really is what you two want, then go for it!

Post # 9
2869 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I am planning on doing custom M&Ms but we will only have 30-35 people so its not very expensive.  Idk I think its worth it but that’s just me, I guess it depends how that compares to the overall cost of your wedding

Post # 10
1866 posts
Buzzing bee

@LibertyBelle:  I agree – spend what you can and what fits your budget.

Post # 11
2281 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I looked into the M&Ms, also Jelly Bellys, and found both to cost too much for how much you get. I couldn’t believe we’re able to get bottle openers and compact mirrors for way less than the cost of candy!

It’s up to you. I’ve gotten them at weddings before and I thought they were cool (cool enough that it’s one of the first things I went looking for when we started planning ours!). It just wasn’t in our budget.

Post # 12
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I think everyones budget is different, if you like them and favors and think it’s a good amount to spend on favors go for it! I also wanted those m and ms I did’t know they cost that much, is it because the bagging them for you?

Post # 13
4150 posts
Honey bee

For how many people?  I don’t think $290 is too much for favors, but it depends on your budget.

Post # 14
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

That’s what my sister had as the favors at her shower wedding. I think she ordered in bulk and then put them in little favor bags herself to save money.

There’s no single number that “too expensive” (or “too cheap” for that matter), there are a lot of circumstances in play, you need to consider your overall budget and priority list.

Post # 15
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

where did u get ure jelly jars from??

Post # 16
30 posts
  • Wedding: June 2014

I agree with PP it depends on your budget.

The topic ‘is $290 too much to spend on wedding favors??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors