(Closed) Is $700 too much for these?

posted 7 years ago in Accessories
Post # 3
501 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

is that the shpw that snubbed u??? f so, id say take ur money elsewhere and dont give them ur hard earned $700

Post # 5
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

For me, yes. For others, perhaps not. If it’s in your budget, then go ahead! I’m sure you can find other options that are much cheaper. No one is going to be all up in your ears looking at your earrings anyway. 

Post # 7
501 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

ohhh k phew!!! if these are the earrings u want then go for it!!! they’re for ur wedding day .. and like u said, ull wear them again … so live large!!! splurge a little … then go back to that other rude shop and show the manager what they missed out on hahaha

Post # 8
14349 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

It sounds like a lot to me.  Citrine is a ‘semi-precious’ stone, and scapolite is certainly not in the precious category either.  The ruby and sapphire in that do not look very large.  Gold is 1800 an oz now, but the material in earrings is not a lot.  Maybe they are charging a lot for labor?

Post # 10
2889 posts
Sugar bee

Have you looked into sourcing them from India? Maybe via an Indian shop if you have one or online? Maybe you have an indian friend with relatives in India. Just something to think about since your inspiration is Indian wedding jewelry going to the source may get you the best value and you’ll have authenticity. Other than that, I can only say they sound expensive to me but I know gold prices are curently super high.

Post # 11
1363 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Yes, the high price tag is for the custom made label. They are very intricate and beautiful. If they were in my budget, I would not hesitate for $700. If they were $1700, I would think twice. But my decision would be based on a lot of things. Like the fact that I didn’t buy new shoes for my wedding or other accesories. I.e., it all balances out. I see people spend that much on a pair of shoes, so why not earrings where the focus is on your face? They will be in your family forever….but I’m a sentimental fool like that.

Post # 12
46 posts

I am an avid etsy shopper… those earrings look like a type I commonly see on etsy… even though they are gold I think you could get them for like 80-90% less and handmade, honestly. Head over there. I think there’s a section to custom request. But also browse and find some sellers that have intricate works… trust me, $700 is nutso! 

Post # 13
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

It does sound like a lot of money, however the cost of gold just keeps going up and up.

Post # 14
4771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

You can also end up paying a lot for design depending who the designer is, so it’s not just the cost of the stones.

Post # 15
3525 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Imo, yes. I’ve seen similar earrings at places like Target–not real gold, but the look is very, very similar. You could make them yourself for a fraction of the cost.

Post # 16
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

Honestly for me I would never pay that for those earings. I feel like you can find something simalar for a lot less.

Not all exactly the same but still simalar for a lot less than those would take to make hope this helps.

The topic ‘Is $700 too much for these?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors