Is a $10,000 wedding in NJ even possible?

posted 2 years ago in New Jersey – South Jersey
Post # 2
716 posts
Busy bee

Keep the guest list small, everything on a smaller scale is less expensive.

Post # 3
95 posts
Worker bee

I’m not sure what part of NJ you’re in but have you tried looking into areas on the outskirts of Jersey, say Chester/Sparta/Ogdensburg or going south NJ like Vineland or Gloucester?

If you stay within North/Central NJ you’re probably not going to be able to find what your’re looking for in terms of “rustic” style or price.  NJ is wedding-factory central, so if you’re not having more of the traditional-style wedding venue space then it could price you out of it.  

Also, you didn’t mention how many ppl you’re having? When the wedding is tentatively planned for? etc.  All those things can definitely change where you can accomplish the wedding, for example: 50 ppl at a museum for a brunch wedding in later Autumn could work well under $10k, but 200 ppl for a 5 course sitdown dinner at a museum in the Summer may not.

So, those details could matter heavily. 

Post # 5
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

RobNJ:  How did you make out? I am wondering the same!

Post # 6
196 posts
Blushing bee

We’ve had to book two weddings- we kept prices down by choosing all inclusive places (a mansion in Westchester, NY and a castle/hotel in Ireland).

We negotiated a LOT with both places. The first place let us choose a BBQ menu instead of the traditional table service menu which brought the price down a lot.

The second place in Ireland we got at almost half the usual price per person by choosing a date in February instead of the warmer months. Both places told us that we could save during the high months by choosing a Friday which we considered as well. We’re having 100-120 at both. Maybe an off-season date or some heavy negotiation with a venue to adjust their offerings can help keep costs down?

Post # 7
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

The least expensive venue I found during my search in SJ was Bogey’s http://bogeysclubandcafe.com/. Number of guests is definitely the most important thing to shrink in order to keep costs down. Another option we considered to lower cost was having our wedding catered by the Pop Shop and having a grilled cheese reception! Lowering the guest count was not an option for me, and the grilled cheese idea was nixed by our parents, and I ended up around $30k for everything. I have meticulous budget notes for the cost of everything in SJ, so PM me if you want more information. Good luck!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors