Is a ballon drop and confetti drop worth $500

posted 3 years ago in Money
Post # 3
Hostess
7630 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

I’m sure it would be pretty but it kind of reminds me of New Year’s Eve. It’s not my personal style so no, I would not pay $500.

Post # 4
Hostess
11469 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Truth, I hate confetti (HATE HATE HATE it)…almost as much as I hate loose glitter. For me no it would not be worth it. The OCD in me twitches at the thought of things and people being covered in small pieces of paper. 😛

Post # 5
2534 posts
Sugar bee

I think it sounds kind of awesome. If she has the extra money for it, why not

Post # 6
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

It sounds cool, but I don’t think I’d want to pay $500 for it. Also, when I start to think about it in more depth, I’m not a big fan of confetti, and would the balloon drop mean that you would have balloons randomly popping all around the room for the rest of the night?

Post # 7
9226 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2018

I personally don’t think it’s worth it, but that’s because I hate the sound of balloons popping, and the mess would be awful. However IF she went with it I think it would work better the other way around. Confetti during first dance, balloons during last.

Post # 8
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

No!

Post # 9
Hostess
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

Wouldn’t be worth it for me.. but i just may have differant priorities than your friend!

If it’s worth it to her, let her do it.

Post # 10
2132 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

cool, but not 500 dollars cool.  Plus the dance floor would be a mess the rest of the night

Post # 11
151 posts
Blushing bee

Balloons would be annoying and maybe even dangerous to have all over the dance floor! Aunty Joan will roll her ankle,  how fun will balloons seem then HUH>>???:)

Really though, if you have the money confetti IS super fun in general. Just make sure its AFTER food and cake. Unless you like funfetti. (GET IT?) Though I’ve never seen it at a wedding.

Post # 12
1793 posts
Buzzing bee

No

Post # 13
6644 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

$500 for balloons and confetti? Seriously? That is highway robbery, yeah no

Post # 14
547 posts
Busy bee

@Sassygrn:  Agreed. What a friggin rip off. I wouldn’t pay $100 for that. That should be complimentary to renting the venue. It’s friggin balloons and paper.

Post # 15
8720 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I hate balloons and confetti so I would automatically say no. However, what is the going rate in your area for that type of thing? I would go off of that bc I think everyone’s answers will vary bc we are all over.

Post # 16
641 posts
Busy bee

Not my style, but could be fun. All these people who think safety will be an issue vex me though. Not only would balloons get really swiftly kicked off (unless the members of your family all goose step by lifting their feet a foot off the floor then stomp downward) but it’s also not particularly hard to not step on things while dancing. One of the divey clubs I used to visit when younger regularly had abandoned bottles and glassware in the dance pit. You just kicked it towards the perimeter. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors