(Closed) Is counseling with pastor & his wife?

posted 7 years ago in Christian
Post # 3
1843 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We have 6 weeks of counseling.  The first two were with the pastor, the second two were with the pastor and his wife and we haven’t had the last two yet.  I think it’s different depending on the church and the pastor.

Post # 4
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

It depends on your church, each church does it differently

Post # 5
560 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

All of our counseling was only with the Pastor

Post # 6
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We have 4 sessions and 3 of them are with the Senior Pastor (who’s marrying us) and then the last one is actually he and his wife taking us out to eat and talking then.  My friend got married last year and she said they were fine.  No biggie (because I was kind of freaking out too like… what’s he going to talk about…. what’s he going to ask us… etc.)

Post # 7
1090 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

we met with our pastor and his wife.

I wasn’t expecting her to come, but so glad she did. She had a lot of good things to say and could relate to me, moreso than her husband.

Post # 8
5498 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

We just met with the Pastor once. sometimes counseling will involve books, activities, and a lot of different things. It depends on the church you chose and your faith.

Post # 9
6 posts
  • Wedding: September 2011

Our counseling was actually through a program the church is affiliated with so our regular sessions were with a couple through that, then our last session is with the pastor, the counseling couple, our parents, and us. Every church is different – we were expecting to be with the pastor and weren’t so it was a surprise at first!

Post # 10
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Crestmore Manor

Like several others have said I think it will depend entirely upon your church. Personally my fiance and I have 8 pre-marriage counseling sessions to do and of the 4 we have already had 3 were with only the pastor and 1 was with the pastor and his wife. However before bringing his wife he asked if we were both comfortable with him bringing her to the session.

The topic ‘Is counseling with pastor & his wife?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors