(Closed) Is it necessary to have a 1.00ct-equivalent Moissanite enhanced?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

-1 response?

Anyway, I hear at 1ct it is not necessary since moissanite at that size does not show color. There are a lot of ladies over at betterthandiamond.com with unenhanced stones under 1.5 unenhanced and they look white.

Mine is a 1.25 ct RB enhanced stone. I just wanted to be safe and it was only an exta $100

Post # 5
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@missmidwestbee: yes, the rounds are the best cut for moissanite. At 1ct, color is not going to show.
I think Yellow Jacket on here has a 1.25 or 1.5 ct unenhanced moissanite and it looks great!

Post # 7
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I have a 1 ct unenhanced moissy. I’ve never seen another one in real life so I don’t have much to compare it to… I’ve noticed slight tinges of yellow(ish) when it’s really cloudy. Not really yellow… More just like a warmness rather then the cold white. If that makes any sense, it’s hard to explain. But then when you get it in the sun or under lights… Its amazing and there’s no yellow/warmth at all.

I’ve gone into jewellery stores and had the worker ask for the specs on my “diamond” because it’s stunning. 

But, it’s up to you really… I’m glad I didn’t though.

Post # 8
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

I had my one-carat moissy enhanced. I am glad that I did. It almost never shows color, and the wedding bands, which FI picked, are diamonds–and the moissy looks right at home among them.

Post # 9
458 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t received my moissanite yet (it’s ordered and on its way but I’m not allowed to open it until my fiancé comes down) but from strawberryfieldsforever‘s description, it sounds like wedding dress colors white and diamond white, where diamond white looks like a soft warm white and white looks like a bright cold white but you can’t really tell the difference unless diamond white is next to white.

Post # 10
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I have a 1ct Unenhanced and I think I have only seen yellow in it like 3 times and I was really looking for it… And btw most people dont belive me when i tell them its not a diamond… I am really happy with it…

Post # 11
1444 posts
Bumble bee

I have a 1ct round enhanced Moissy. I got it enhanced just to be safe because I saw one in JCP and I could see the green in, and mine you can’t tell that there is any color. I don’t see the harm in spending the extra $100 to get it enhanced, especially if you are that unsure about how the color will turn out.

Post # 12
886 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@agirlwithdreams7:  The moissanite at JCP’s I think is older stock.  Moissanite synthesized in more recent years has improved tremendously in overall lack of color, even when not enhanced.  Not sure what they’ve done differently but they’ve done something. 

To the OP, I have a 1 ct unenhanced stone and can’t notice any yellow in it as you would see in a diamond.  There was a recent thread with people’s moissy rings in it.  My ring photos are up there.  It might also have something to do with the cut which influences how well your stone will reflect light.  Round brilliant is always the whitest.  Lots of threads about this recently so hopefully you find them helpful!

Post # 13
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

mine is .5 carats and we still enhanced it. hey, I’m gonna be wearing this ring for a long time, what’s a few hundred bucks? I don’t even know if I would’ve noticed a difference, but the enhancement makes the stone more durable, and there’s no drawbacks (other than for your wallet…) so what the hey.

Post # 14
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My moissy is a .75ct equivalent and we also got it enhanced, just to be on the “safe side”, even though I do like warmer rings. Compared to my original e-ring, which was an F-color diamond (VERY white) I do notice that this one is a bit warmer, but I like it. I’ll take slightly warmer over blue-white anyday! IMO it just makes it look more genuine.

The topic ‘Is it necessary to have a 1.00ct-equivalent Moissanite enhanced?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors