(Closed) Is it possible to have a wedding for $6000?

posted 5 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 3
3588 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

@thefuturemrsD:  Sure.

* tea and cake afternoon wedding

* Sunday brunch reception wedding.

But if you can’t think out of the box of a Saturday-night-sit-down-dinner-reception, you’ll have a hard time keeping it under $6,000. Imagination can oftgen substitue for $$$.

Post # 4
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

The merion trubiute house in merion station, pa is $3000.00 to rent maybe 2K in January, use have to use their caters which they have a bunch call the caters and let them know you have a budget and they should be able to get you a beautiful wedding and reception for 10K

Remember anything is possible.. if you try.. Good Luck planning and Congrats!!

Post # 5
2179 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Yes. I threw a lovely and classy wedding in Chicago last November for $8000. You can do it!

Post # 6
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@thefuturemrsD:  We have a really small budget and are using a restaurant. No space fee just a food and beverage minimum. We are having a dance in a private dining room so they can reopen the main area to cut our quote in half!!

Post # 7
1880 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

It depends on what you want out of a wedding. If you do it at a restaurant, you can totally do it for that price. Dancing is less likely though, depending on the restaurant. If you have an afternoon or brunch wedding, you can totally do it at that price. Dancing and drinking are both less likely. Or at a park, with food cooked by friends/family (or potluck) with a tent and dancefloor. With a guest list that large, you’re going to have to prioritze and maybe cut some traditional wedding reception elements. But it’s doable and you can still have an awesome reception.

Post # 8
1850 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

IN Philly, that’s going to be really tough for over 100 guests. Everything in Philly is expensive unless you want some sort of hotel or ballroom situation (and even those can get expensive).

Lucien’s Manor in NJ has cheapish plates, I hear ($65+ per head), but it’s a ballroom type-venue. I know Maggiano’s does weddings in one of their rooms, and their food is DELICIOUS!

Moving your day to something “off-peak” like Friday or Sunday will drastically cut your costs. You can have a wonderful wedding on any budget. You’ve just got to get creative. I wish I could have been more of a help.

Post # 9
20 posts
  • Wedding: June 2013

Definitely our wedding is coming out to a little over 6000 with everything… A lot of DIY helps, I made our invites, center pieces, and most of the decor, you just have to find places where you can cut out some of the spending, maybe try to find a local resturant that only charges a small rental fee since you are already paying for food there

Post # 10
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@thefuturemrsD:  My suggestion would be to stick to the ‘burbs, you’ll get better pricing. DIY anything you can to cut costs (but still have lovely details!) too.

Post # 11
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

It will be tough but I am sure it doable. Your best bet would be to look into the Philly suburbs on a Sunday afternoon and somewhere that allows you to bring in your own catering. Unfortunately I don’t have any suggestions because I wanted a more all-inclusive type venue and nothing I looked at (mostly hotels and country clubs) would be less than $6,000 any time of the year or any day of the week.

Post # 12
1285 posts
Bumble bee

Sure, you can cut costs by a lot of DIY and/or cutting your guest list and sticking to it.  Find a place in the suburbs to “rent”.  I found a nice rental for $500. Ceremony outside for an extra $100.  They provide the tables and chairs inside the rental.  Everything else, I can get on budget or through friends. It will be just as elegant as having it at a place that would charge me $6000.

Post # 13
430 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@thefuturemrsD:  I checked out a few Philly Venues and the prices floored me.  We want to do a morning brunch wedding, so MUCH cheaper than dinner (which is over $125/person in most places) but still pretty pricey at around $55 / person.  If you cut down on all the extras – no music, photography and super cheap dress, invites and flowers you might be able to pull it off under $10,000.  There also may be some cheaper venues / menu options still.  Check out Valley Green Inn, they have some lunch sandwhich spreads that seemed reasonable

Post # 14
3417 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

Absolutely.  We are having a fairly large wedding for $10,000.  We fortunately have a lot of friends and family who are able to help us with big things such as video, photography, officiating etc.  I am going with seasonal flowers, and a lot of DIY decor.  I will also be DIY our invitations.

We also only plan to have beer and a few bottles of my favorite wine.  No open bar and limiting what the drinks will be save us money.

Post # 15
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I am in the same position. We are looking to do a Friday wedding in May 2015 with 100 guest (originally our list was over 200) with a budget of $10k. I have contacted over 90 venues looking for some decent prices, I did actually find some. Philly and Suburbs are quite expensive. If you can skip alcohol, than I would suggest parks. I can not skip the alcohol so I have to go a different route. I plan on doing a lot myself to save money – invitations, bouquets, cheaper dress, etc. Message me and maybe we can help each other out – I can share my list of vendors, etc.

Post # 16
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

look up broomall lake country club – you can rent out the space for a 2000 or less and do whatever you would like in the way of food and everything which could keep your numbers low 🙂

The topic ‘Is it possible to have a wedding for $6000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors