(Closed) Is it too late to plan a June 2010 wedding?

posted 8 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Well, I’m not sure what it would be like to plan one in NYC, but I planned mine in 5 and half months…

Post # 4
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I think 6 months and even less are do-able but hurry up and book the venues!

Post # 5
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I would start calling some vendors you are interested in now to see. Place a hold on the venue and start calling around. I’m getting married in June as well. We are having a long engagement so I got a head start. There were certain vendors I really wanted, so I booked my photog, florist, band, venue and church 17 and 18 months out (last January and February). But there are so many amazing vendors in NYC that I imagine you could still have some very good options to choose from at this point. But you should certainly start on the big and important ones asap. Good luck with all your planning!

Post # 6
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

It is possible. You may have to look around if vendors are already booked. But you’ll find someone and get it done.

Goodluck!!

Post # 7
2144 posts
Buzzing bee

I think you could do it. Honestly, I think the venue would be hardest to snag in NYC so if you’ve got that, you should be able to get the rest! There are so many people offering their services in NYC that I think you could do it. Probably the more expensive ones get booked up first anyway! I had 7 months to plan my wedding, but mine wasnt in NYC. Go get that venue! Plus, a Friday will help since most weddings are on the weekend.

Post # 8
2365 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I’m planning a wedding in that amount of time … got engaged in Feb. 15th 2009 … getting married October 24th 2009!

Post # 9
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

I think you’re fine! Just get on the ball with booking your big vendors. Then you can relax some.

Post # 10
889 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

i agree, you have time!  Just get the ball rolling.  I have 11 months and am starting to get stressed that I don’t have all my vendors booked yet, but think we’ll have plenty of time to get everything you want, and i’m sure that’s what will happen with your planning too!

Post # 11
1901 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

You can do it. The venue is the biggest thing. I’m getting married in one of the most popular spots in the country and we didn’t set a date and start planning until July. Get the most important things booked right away and the rest will fall into place. Good luck with your planning!

Post # 12
1956 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School

You’re totally fine! You have 9 months, thats plenty 🙂 And like others have said, it’s the venue that is the hardest to book so if you have that, the rest is totally doable. I’ve even had vendors say that they can’t talk to me until closer to the date, like 6 months out! Good luck, congrats on your engagement and welcome to the June 2010 wedding club 🙂 

Post # 13
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Anything’s possible if you go for it!  If you love the venue, go for it!

Post # 14
2280 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’ll probably be planning my wedding in five or six months. My aunt planned her wedding in a week! You should have more than enough time for whatever sort of wedding you’re planning, especially if you can book the venue you’d like now. 🙂

Post # 15
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I booked my vendors for my NYC wedding 9 months in advance and all the vendors were super shocked that we were doing everything so early.  They said normally people book them at the 6 month mark – so you definitely have time.  As someone said above, the hardest part (and the stuff that gets booked early) is the venue – after that, things get a bit more relaxed in nyc.

and if it helps, my Mom planned a NYC wedding in 2 months and got really affordable and great vendors.

Post # 16
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

i think that you’d be fine doing that as well…

The topic ‘Is it too late to plan a June 2010 wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors