Is my $1500 dress budget do-able?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I sure hope so, because that is my budget as well.

Post # 4
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

No you are on the right track. The majority of gowns i have been looking at fall in that category. Check Mori Lee and Ella Rose as well. They have BEAUTIFUL gowns for even around 1000! Also, check trunk shows. A Maggie that is 1600 will go down in price at a trunk show. 

Post # 5
4513 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I think you’ll be able to find something. My dress budget was $2000 and I ended up getting a dress that was $1100. And I absolutely LOVE my dress.

Post # 6
845 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

That was my budget! I went to a local boutique, BHLDN, Nordstrom, and Nicole Miller and I had tons to try on at the right price.

Post # 7
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Nope I think you are fine.  I bought a Maggie Sottero for $1100 (without alterations or veil, just the dress).  I tried on others for around that price range under $1500 (since that was my budget too).  and I liked the quality of Mori Lee, Sottero and Midgley, Sophia Tolli (a bit pricer) a lot as well.   When I tried on dresses that were $700/$800 I could tell the difference for sure.

Post # 8
3084 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@LilySarah:  I think that should be ok. My allure dress was 1650, I believe, so it’s just over your budget. The Maggie’s that I tried on were less than 1500. 

Post # 9
1634 posts
Bumble bee

I’m in Canada but that’s what my dress was and it was one of the more expensive ones I tried! Good luck, I hope you find the perfect dress for half price! Lol

Post # 10
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Totally doable.  I was seriously considering Alfred Angelo, before I went to DB where I found my dream dress for $800.  If you find one you love make sure to ask the store if/when they have sales, chances are they can’t tell you.  In any case make sure to watch for sales to save even more.  In addition look for a dress that would require vere few alterations as they drive up the cost faster than you’ll ever believe.

Post # 11
312 posts
Helper bee

I tried on a whole bunch of dresses today all in the 1000-1500 range and they were all amazing! You can definetly do it! I tried on Allure, Casablanca, and Alfred Angelo.

Post # 12
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Completely doable. I got my Justin Alexander dress for $1225 (before tax and alterations). 🙂 I tried on quite a few other JA’s and Casablancas all within range, too. 

Post # 14
417 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Absolutely!  My dress would have been right there if I hadn’t added a sash to it and mine’s a Maggie.  Alfred Angelo and Mori Lee are also really affordable designers with gorgeous gowns.  I don’t think you’re going to have any problems finding something stunning! 

Post # 15
1068 posts
Bumble bee

Definitely!  Pretty much all of the lines you listed have a lot of options in that price range.

$1500 is also in the territory where you could get a very nice pre-owned dress from a higher-end designer, if you wanted to do a little hunting.

Post # 16
10748 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

You should be fine. I saw several Allure dresses that were $1200, 1400 etc. And Mori Lee makes nice but affordable dresses. Maggies are more expensive, but they probably have a few that might be in that range. Keep an eye out for anyone having trunk shows. Also, Mikaella makes nice dresses that are cheaper. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors