Is the extra $400 worth it for this video package?

posted 3 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: Which package would you choose?
    Package 2 with just the ceremony and reception : (2 votes)
    50 %
    Premier Package with the pre wedding shots, portraits, AND ceremony and reception : (2 votes)
    50 %
  • Post # 3
    91 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I’m in the same predicament. I want photos of the whole day but can’t afford it. I found a local photographer here in GA who will do four hours for 400.00 and also has a video package available. 400.00 is a lot of money no matter which way you swing it. Maybe it’s not a lot for a photographer, because photographers charge a lot, and maybe it’s not a lot for a car, but it’s still a lot of money when you’re needing other things for the wedding as well. So I’m debating should I spend the extra money on a videographer and I honestly think that we’re going to want the video of everything. Yes you’re going to want the video of you putting your mascara and lipgloss on. You’re going to want the videographer to catch your family and friends putting your veil on and you’re going to want them to get your husband straightening his tie and tieing his shoes before his walk down the aisle. Try to find a way to get a mixture of photography and video because look at how technology is changing. We can’t forsee what type of technology we’ll have in 30, 40, or 50 years.

Remember when all we had was records? Then we got cassette tapes?… then cd’s then mp3 players, then the ipod and now all of this new technology is just booming and I can’t forsee what will be next but I can say that there may come a day where they may not even sell dvd players anymore just like they don’t sell VHS players anymore. You’ll love and cherish your video but don’t overlook photography because a picture says a thousand words and it lasts forever.

Maybe you can do the photography package and have the photographers arrive like 30-45 minutes before the ceremony, that way they’ll get only the necessary shots. No you don’t need the photographer to capture you with no makeup on and you don’t need the photographer to capture you with half your head curled and half not as you are trying to get ready. But I do think it would be nice for them to arrive a little bit before the ceremony just to get a few shots pre-ceremony of you maybe applying the last touches like lipstick and zipping up your dress etc. Then they can stay for the ceremony, they’ll catch you walking down the aisle and the first kiss as husband and wife etc etc. They can stay until you cut the cake and toss the garter and then they can leave.

I don’t know exactly how they work but I think 4 hours is plenty for your photographer to capture all the special important moments on your day and yes find a way to add the videography so you can watch it back on a rainy day.

Thats just my two cents. 🙂

Post # 4
    91 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I say package 2 as long as you’re going to have a photographer there to get the special pre ceremony shots.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors