(Closed) Is this candy buffet worth my $200?

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
773 posts
Busy bee

You can buy glass jars for way cheaper.  Are you particularly attached to *those* jars?  Because terrarium jars come in all shapes and sizes, and we got them for $8 apiece at Michaels.

Post # 5
127 posts
Blushing bee

Just buy cheaper glass jars and fill them with your favorite treats. There is no reason to spend that much on plain jars! I’m agreeing with amandopolis!

Post # 6
1149 posts
Bumble bee

it’s VERY pretty but it does seem like $200 is a lot.  I assume that does not include the candy itself?

I wonder if you couldn’t also find pedestals somewhere for less expensive?  

Post # 7
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I love these pedestals! Where did you find them?

I would totally use them over and over again (I like cookies especially around holidays) so I MIGHT consider it but if its not in your budget, you can get a similar look with a little more research!

Post # 8
1044 posts
Bumble bee

Why don’t you just go to Target and buy glass cylinders to fill candy up with?

[attachment=235797,25322]

Post # 9
2365 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Personally, I love them and would get them! Think of how pretty they will look in your house after the wedding! I think they’re a great investment … that’s how I would justify it!

Post # 10
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We got 8 jars and 2 big glass bowls at IKEA for $40.

Post # 11
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I think w/ the pedestals, you need to be mindful of kids (eek! What it one were to break?)  If there aren’t any kids, and you really want them, then go for it. I went the other route and purchased glass terrariums in varying heights, and sizes and they look great and cost me around $10-12/piece.

Keep in mind the candy itself will cost fortune, so you want to save some cash-ola for that portion too. 

Post # 12
1044 posts
Bumble bee

It’s true.  Candy is expensive.  I’m tried using M&M’s to fill some of the tins I will be using as wedding favors and they are costing me a FORTUNE.  I think I may switch to larger chocolate candy instead of pink colored M&M’s and get a large quantity of brown colored candy at Costco.

Post # 14
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

I am doing a candy buffet and found jars very similar to the ones in your pictures in Home Goods for $5-7 a jar (got 7 of them) and plan to spend about 25 bucks on candy…and my aunt is making some signs…for a grand total of approx. $75…

Post # 15
559 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I totally agree with everyone that if you are up for the search, you could find apothecary jars like those at either Michaels, Jo-Anns, HomeGoods, TJ Maxx or Marshalls for a fraction of the cost! Plus, don’t forget your Michaels and Jo-Ann’s coupons! 

Post # 16
3979 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

*drool* they are gorgeous. How are you going to use these pedestals after the wedding? If you sell them, you probably won’t even get half of what you paid. What I would do is save 1 or 2 and sell the rest. This way you can use them in your wedding, use them at home to display your goodies & still get some money back for them! Score.

Again, they are so pretty. Great taste 🙂 Where did you find them!?

Edit: I found them here & for only $165! You save $35 already! W00t

http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/23916-Glass-Pedestal-Candy-Jars.aspx

The topic ‘Is this candy buffet worth my $200?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors