(Closed) Is this White by Vera Wang gown VW351011 too much for Beach wedding?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

You’re going to get tons of sand stuck in those layers 🙂

However, I don’t ever think a bride is over dressed. That’s the whole point.

Post # 4
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I think it looks great on you! Although I am biased because I really do like this dress and want it myself. 

But I think it works because it is still “simple” enough, where it is a soft light colour and fabric and is not beaded at all. I think it will work because it will flow in the wind! Keep it!

Post # 5
781 posts
Busy bee

Will the reception be indoors?  If it’s just for a little while for the ceremony outdoors, it’s fine. and you’re the bride! you can wear whatever you want!  But yea, I’m just thinking about the sand that’ll be stuck in those layers.  This is a very pretty dress though and looks amazing on you!

Post # 6
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I think you look great in it, but it doesn’t look like it belongs at a beach wedding IMO. Something simpler and less sand catching might be better, but I agree that the bride is never overdressed, so wear whatever makes you feel “bridal!”

Post # 8
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think it will look great – you look stunning in it!  Organza is very light and will be perfect!

Post # 9
4804 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’ve tried on the dress and I feel like it’s a bit heavy and you would probably get really hot in it!  But if you love it, it won’t look to fancy or anything.  I would be more concerned about comfort.

Post # 10
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I think it’s your wedding, and you get to wear whatever you want, but am worried about you just being too hot.  The look is definitely lovely though!

Post # 11
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Personally, I don’t think the dress is too much.  If it makes your feel like a super model bride, I would definitely wear it.  I would suggest a reception dress though cause it may be too hot to wear the rest of the night.

Post # 12
851 posts
Busy bee

I have seen photos of this dress in a beach wedding and it fit perfectly in to the wedding!

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Hi,I think the lighter and “flowy” or high-low dress will be more perfect for beach wedding.

The topic ‘Is this White by Vera Wang gown VW351011 too much for Beach wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors