Is this your year? 2017 waiting bees

posted 6 months ago in Waiting
Post # 2
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I am positive it will happen this year, but I was hopeful he might surprise me by asking me in the last couple months of 2016. I am hoping he proposes by March, but he is going to Europe for work at the end of March and I will be joining him for about a week at the beginning of April so that we can explore together once he finishes officially working, so that is a possibility too! It would be a romantic proposal but I would almost rather get engaged earlier in our own city.

I am also starting to get a little anxious because we have talked about potentially having a Fall 2017 wedding and the longer I wait the less likely that is seeming. We only want 50 guests and are not going to do a traditional venue so it is doable with a short engagement but there would still be a lot of things to plan. Only time will tell I suppose! 

Do you know when your SO plans to ask or just that it is for sure this year OP?

Post # 3
13 posts
Newbee

My timeline is no later than the beginning of December 2017.

Before then we have our anniversary in March, his 30th in April, a trip to Italy’s Amalfi Coast in June, five days in Lisbon in August and 8 nights camping in Devon and Cornwall (4 nights for each split between our two childhood holiday locations) in September.

All are perfect times to propose and Italy in particular is super romantic. The waiting game will destroy me in the meantime.

There’s a music festival in July as well that I just forgot about but doubt it would happen then amongst the mud and madness!

Post # 4
17 posts
Newbee

I definitely think 2017 is the year and I think it will happen within the first 3 months. We talked about wedding dates and we both liked spring break of 2018 and he KNOWS it usually takes 12 months to get married through the church. 

In the mean time, we’re just getting ready to sell his house and he’ll be moving in soon. 

Post # 6
807 posts
Busy bee

I’m hoping for summer 2017 after our families get a chance to meet and get to know each other. In the meantime, I recently moved and am starting a new job in a new city (we are long distance), so that should be distracting enough, hopefully 🙂

Only down part is that SO is also startiing a new job in a new city, but hopefully will have settled in by the summertime.

Post # 7
97 posts
Worker bee

I know it’ll be this year, too! Before December, although I’d be surprised if it takes that long. He went to dinner with his parents tonight while I was out running errands, and tonight he told me he told them that we are “planning on getting married in the relatively near future.” Wheeee! 

Post # 8
131 posts
Blushing bee

I bluntly asked my So last week if it would be this year and he Bluntly told me it would…..I was like Good. …he was like Ok then….and then we just laughed and that was that, 

It’s my 30th in march and we go away to Amstardam for a few days to visit the Van Goug museum and tbh it would be perfect there but am not going to get my hopes up for that early,

Plus we looked at rings yesterday and officially started “not trying, not preventing” too, which makes my heart happy as we lost at the start of September, feel like life’s finally turned the right way up 🙂 

So Becks…..this is our year!!!! 😀

Post # 9
4957 posts
Honey bee

becks90 :  I think so, SO said just before Christmas “This time next year we will be engaged”. I think it may be in the summer around our anniversary? Who knows though!

Post # 10
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

It’s definitely going to be this year. We techinically have a timeline of until my birthday next year, but I personally don’t believe he will wait until then. We are currently in San Francisco this weekend for my birthday (30!) and in July we are spending 3 weeks in Europe traveling. Our 4th anniversary is in September, and then there’s always the holiday season. Ample opportunities for a romantic occasion. Though knowing him, it could be on a normal Tuesday or something. He wants to surprise me. 

Post # 11
54 posts
Worker bee

He had previously told me it was going to happen “sometime this year” and I expected it wouldn’t be sooner than August… Maybe more like December since he has a habit of putting things off. But! A few days ago he told me it would be in the “middle six months of the year.” So it seems it will happen before expected.  

Our anniversary and his birthday will be in June, so maybe that’ll be the month. But who knows? He really wants to surprise me but he knows it’s killing me waiting. 

We’ve picked out some rings together online but he says he’ll make the final decision so it’s a surprise. He’s also asked me what my dream proposal looks like. 

I’m very excited. Will be focusing on work and personal goals trying not to drive myself crazy until then 😅

Post # 12
52 posts
Worker bee

Today is our anniversary.. fingers crossed it happens tonight! I’ve been nervous all day. Probably silly of me lol. 

Post # 13
28 posts
Newbee

We checked out rings after Thanksgiving. He picked out one that I loved! Soooo now I’m waiting on him to purchase (if he hasn’t already) and propose… Praying 2017 is my/our year lol 

Post # 14
16 posts
Newbee

I’ve been told it will definitely be this year, and in the first half of the year (as long as I stop talking about it/bringing it up lol). I joined this forum so I could talk about it to someone! we’ve been together 7 years and have been ring shopping together but I know he hasn’t got a ring yet. I suspect he might propose without the ring and we’ll finalize the purchase together. Anyway we’ll see what happens. 

@pambeesly above: my fingers are crossed you’ll get an anniversary proposal! 

Post # 15
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

Yesterday was my 30th birthday, and I was trying to not get my hopes up that he would propose. He didnt, lol. But there were a few moments where I thought he might if he had the ring, like we were down near fisherman’s wharf and we were sitting in this park with a beautiful view of the bay and the golden gate bridge. And then he started riffling around in his pocket and my heart started beating a little faster… And then he pulled out his sunglasses. Lol. I know he won’t propose on this trip, but it still didn’t stop me from stupidly getting my hopes up. Oh well. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors