Is this your year? 2017 waiting bees

posted 4 months ago in Waiting
Post # 46
322 posts
Helper bee

becks90 :  Eee, so exciting that your man’s made progress! I’d love to know if my OH has put any money on a ring yet. Do you know which jeweller it is? 

My birthday trip is coming up in 2 weeks, but we’ve also now booked a holiday to Disney World in May, so I’d be over the moon with either! I feel like the Florida holiday gives me something to look forward to and focus on – it’s certainly put less pressure on my birthday! 

Post # 47
33 posts
Newbee

2017 will probably be our year but I thought for sure 2016 was as well. Lol. We’ve made progress lately so it’s looking more promising than it ever has before and that’s saying something because he bought the ring November 2014. Lately he’s been talking to me and asking me about wedding ideas, what music we’d have what we could do instead of a first dance since he’s paralyzed, looking at venues online he thinks would be neat. He’s also brought up a few times that he doesn’t like calling me his girlfriend because it isn’t what he sees me as he said were so much more than that. He’s accidently introduced me as his fiance a few times the past few months. On Christmas he even said we should get engaged soon and asked what I thought. Not sure if he’s afraid I’ll say no when he asks or what but he’s been asking that a lot lately. I know we have a few big things coming up and he’s been more affectionate lately so it does make me wonder. After all these years of thinking this holiday/date/anniversary is it and getting my hopes up for a big letdown I honestly can never tell anymore lol. We have a weekend set for the beach to celebrate St Patties Day which he said he wished he would have proposed at last year because we had the best time celebrating alone, he even picked a private island area he said we habe to come back to in the future. We have a date in May to finally see the finished fountain at Longwood (which is probably the most romantic place I’ve EVER been and he agrees). We have a beach trip in June which is our unofficial anniversary (reconnection after 10 years apart which happened there and we visit each year where it all happened). We have our actual anniversary in November which is special because it was also our anniversary 15 years ago when we first started dating. So it could literally be any time this year. Even next week we’re going to see our favorite band and he’s just ecstatic I got tickets for this. I always think everything ‘could be it’ though so maybe I’m over thinking it all who knows lolol.

Post # 49
22 posts
Newbee

I think it might be soon. I showed him a beautiful loose diamond the other day and he said “let’s just talk about it when we have a chance to look at it properly.” He isn’t usually dismissive of any ring chat whatsoever so I think he might have purchased the ring or at least decided on one.  

Then today I was lamenting about having no clue when the proposal was coming and he said “I don’t intend on keeping you waiting long” and winked. That’s black and white, right?  😂

We are going on a romantic trip next weekend to a place that is very special to us, but I don’t think he will propose then as his sister’s wedding is the following weekend and he wouldn’t steal the limelight. March/April is my best guess. 

Post # 50
6 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone! This is my first post on here after YEARS of lurking, haha. I think 2017 might be my year as well, although it will probably be in the later half of 2017. Hopefully it will happen around our 7 year anniversary in August, although I’m in no real rush- just very excited! We are going ring shopping for the first time today, although definitely just to try on different sizes and styles because I know I want a moissanite and local stores only carry diamonds. But I’m PUMPED just to go and see some rings on my hand! 

I hope 2017 is a great year for all of you! 

Post # 51
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

2017 is my year! We went ring shopping, decided on spring 2018 for a wedding, and I asked him to absolutely NOT propose on our Southeast Asia trip in March and April (which would be romantic, but we are active travelers and I would be terrified if he was potentially carrying a very expensive piece of jewelry in a backpack for three weeks) but to wait until after. He seemed a little surprised that I thought he would wait that long, so I’m thinking that it might happen before we leave.

Valentine’s Day is soon, but I know it probably won’t be then because I offered to plan dinner and he said that I should, and my birthday is at the end of February so that is also a possibility, or it could just be a random day. Honestly I wouldn’t be disappointed if he waited until we get back, because if it happens before I will need to take it off and leave it at home for three weeks and that would be sad!

Post # 53
152 posts
Blushing bee

A few weeks ago I found a receipt for a ring deposit and pick up date. I’ve been going insane. I didn’t tell him I came across it. But the waiting is killing me lol. I don’t think even the house wants me to clean it anymore. We’ve been together 8 years but neither of us were ready for marriage until the last two years or so. 

But mown im just dying and excited for it to happen. 

Inknow this year is my year. I just don’t know now when. HEres hoping it’s not in December lol

Post # 54
322 posts
Helper bee

becks90 :  Oh, I’m sorry bee! At least he was honest with you. If you’re talking engagement you should probably have a frank run-down of each other’s finances, so you’re aware of how much you both have in savings and whether there’s any debt to clear. 

I’ve been told that he’s booked a restaurant for the 13th Feb, that it’s a surprise, and that I should wear a nice dress. I think it’s just a birthday/V-Day treat, but I’ll be having a manicure just in case… 

Post # 55
61 posts
Worker bee

I know 2017 will be my year, after waiting for two years now. Just the other day I was talking to SO about how I hope he’s been saving up for my ring, he said “there’s only one more thing left to do.” What can that be? Oh wait; he hasn’t proposed yet. Whoop!!! 

I think it’s happening soon, I can feel it. 

We are heading off to Europe in summer for about five weeks but I don’t think I can wait another six months. Waiting sucks!

Post # 57
128 posts
Blushing bee

becks90 :  That is extremely disappointing but there will be another dress that catches your eye when the time is right. Or hopefully you’ll be able to find the same dress on sale.

Bees, our 2 year anniversary came and went. It was perfect but no proposal. On the bright side though my uncle proposed to his GF AND my mother also got engaged both on Valentine’s Day!!! Love is in the air!! I’m super excited and happy to be in both weddings (and I can’t wait to begin helping my mom with the planning and dress shopping etc). 2018 is going to be a busy year FULL of weddings and traveling for our family. It’s an exciting time!

Post # 58
77 posts
Worker bee

becks90 :  I’m so sorry 🙁 Man, the finances piece sucks. I just found out that my BF is in more debt than I anticipanted (its not a whole whole lot, I’m just complaining). 🙁 I also know that even if he had the money, he still isn’t ready to propose yet. 🙁 I’m hoping for June too, I guess we’ll see. Waiting sucks. 🙁 Boys are dumb. 

Post # 60
799 posts
Busy bee

SO purchased the rough stone for my ring 2 weeks ago and it’s being cut now!!! We have another few weeks of waiting for it to be fully polished and graded/certified, then another few MONTHS of having a setting made, but we hope to have the finished product by the beginning of May!!

Knowing what’s happening every step of the way has helped tremendously. I have a very narrow proposal window of either the beginning of May or Memorial Day weekend or some time in June. And if the ring isn’t ready until later, the window narrows even further to just June. 

SO is terrible at surprises and at waiting to give people gifts. (HE always talks ME into opening my presents early! lol) So I don’t think he’ll be one of the guys to hold on to a ring for months or even weeks before handing it over. 

And I doubt he’ll plan anything big and elaborate. We are both introvert homebodies, so I expect he’ll do something simple and intimate. 

Sidenote: all of his coworkers were teasingly referring to me as his fiance at their Christmas party because he talks about the ring at work, and I was surprised at how warm and fuzzy it made me feel. Now I just get so excited at the thought of being introduced/referred to that way for REAL. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors