(Closed) Is Tulle Down The Aisle Too 1980’s???

posted 6 years ago in Decor
  • poll: Is draping tulle too dated looking for aisle decor?
    Yes- it can look very overwhelming and give off the 80's bride vibe : (19 votes)
    33 %
    No- if done correctly it can look nice : (38 votes)
    67 %
    Other? : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    1810 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I think if done right it could look awesome! I love that last picture! And we’re date twins!

Post # 4
    635 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I’m pretty sure tulle didn’t originate in the 80s, they just overdid it the same way they overdid hair and acid wash. As long as you use it sparingly it will look beautiful. The pic u posted with the hooks is great!

Post # 5
    1562 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I think with mason jars, babys breath and tulle, it will look beautufully shabby shic!

Post # 6
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I think its beautiful. Love those pics!

Post # 7
    3148 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Tulle will always be considered bridal in my book.  I think the photo’s you posted are beautiful and give it that wedding feeling!

Post # 8
    2067 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

It’s very doable! I did tulle – not in the same style as yours… I did tulle loops down the aisle, with ribbon pomanders instead of mason jars and baby’s breath 🙂  but I don’t think it looked dated at all! Here’s a couple pics… Just so you can see what it can look like (and so you can feel better that other brides are still doing tulle too 🙂 haha)

Photos courtesy of Nick Dantonio Photography, http://www.nickdantoniophotography.com

Post # 9
    1290 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

The last pic you posted is EXACTLY what I am doing! And here I thought that I invented that idea. LOL Not dated at all!

Post # 10
    11172 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

I think it can look gorgeous. Yesterday at a craft store they had a bridal decor area and had decorated an archway with tulle and I thought it looked beautiful.

Tulle is just fun and adds a little bridal drama, who can resist?

Post # 12
    341 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I think that if you love it, who cares!!!  Do it and love every minute!  Smile

Post # 13
    356 posts
    Helper bee

I think its beautiful, very soft, romantic and bridal!

The topic ‘Is Tulle Down The Aisle Too 1980’s???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors