- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
We are leaving for our elopement adventure in 5 days!
I think the excitement and the stress have cancelled each other out and I am surprisingly calm for everything still left to do. We have our flights from Los Angeles to Tokyo, from Osaka to Hong Kong, from Hong Kong to Jakarta, and from Jakarta to Bali and back. Hotels are booked. I even had to rearrange things to avoid the Phillapines due to the flooding and that didn’t freak me out as much as it should have. Possibly because FI showed me pictures like it was nothing “Wow look at how bad Manila is flooded! Crazy huh?”…”Oh, we’re supposed to go to Manila…huh I didn’t even realize.”
Everything else is about half done, but 5 days is plenty of time…Right?!
- Have printed maps of hotel locations–still not sure how we’re going to get to all of them.
- Have lists of what to pack what to print out what our plans are–not printed out yet.
- Got the laundry done–rest of the house is a disaster.
- Have all the supplies for the exploding box announcements to send when we get back–haven’t quite got around to making a mock up
- Have a list of places to get a dress–That’s correct, no dress, but hey I should buy it in Hong Kong the day before we get married so it doesn’t wrinkle in my luggage right?!
- Have photographer for post-wedding shoot in Bali–Didn’t find one in Hong Kong for the actual ceremony.
- Will probably have two required witnesses take photos with our cameras–Don’t have witnesses yet.
Oh yeah! The best part, and the cause for missing some things–we don’t have a date yet! We had to send paperwork to Hong Kong to get married at the registry and now I am getting the run around trying to find where that paperwork is. I got to specify the range of dates I preferred in the registration, so hopefully they’re available and everything works out. It’d be nice if they told us before we left though. Imagining the worse case that they don’t contact us before we leave and we get to Hong Kong and they tell us we can’t get married there. We don’t really have a plan B if that happens. Not sure when we will get married if not in Hong Kong, our vacation ends the Saturday before we both go back to school and that Sunday we will be making the 12 hour drive from Los Angeles home.
It’s all good though because we’ve been through bad times on our adventures, sleeping on a park bench in Venice, missing our busstop and waiting a couple of hours for a bus that wasn’t coming before getting a taxi, getting on the wrong busstop and walking 5 miles to the hotel(me in flip flops carrying a 30lb backpack) only to find that it’s on the other side of the freeway and there’s no way to cross it but to get a taxi, riding a bus for 10 hours because it stopped in every stinkin town between Tangier and Fez. Having to find a different way to get married can’t be that hard right? Even if it is last minute without an appointment…?!
Is it bad that I’m not stressed? The whole point of this vacation is the part where we get married, and if that doesn’t happen then we can’t redo it. Maybe it is kind of a big deal to fly off on an elopement without a positive wedding date….