It's 9:45 am but I am already thinking about lunch….

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Greek yogurt with fruit (Chobani or whatever) is perfect to grab on the go. It’s also pretty filling and usually keeps me from starving until at least noon.

As for lunch today, I haven’t decided either. I’m thinking this lentil barley soup from Au Bon Pain, but no decisions have been made!

Post # 4
846 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

@Sunnyday278:  It is now 9:47 am here and I am also thinking about lunch. You are not alone in that lol.

For breakfast, I normally just eat a granola bar. But I’m usually pretty hungry by lunchtime.

I’m debating whether or not to buy Subway or Wendy’s for lunch…I promised BF I would get the healthier Subway option (we’re both trying to keep each other accountable on what we eat) but…I REALLY REALLY want Wendy’s 🙁 I want a hot meal!

Plus I love dipping my chicken nuggets and fries into my chocolate frosty. IT’S SO GOOD!

And now I’m even hungrier after typing this out…lol. 

Post # 5
5460 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I used to eat breakfast in the car every morning!  I would make my coffee at home, and bring a sandwich made with either toast, english muffin, or kashi waffles.  I sometimes made it a pb&j, and if I had time before I left the house I would scramble an egg and put some bacon & a slice of cheese on it.

Other times it would be a hard boiled egg and a nutri-grain bar, or peanut butter toast and a banana or apple.

If you have a moment to eat when you get to work and access to a mircrowave, you could mix 1/2 cup plain oats, a pinch of nutmeg, a few dashes of cinnamon and nuke it for 1 minute with 1/2 cup milk then drizzle a little honey on top for sweetness.  

Post # 6
7997 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

I get to work by 7:30 each day, and I am not a morning person. I barely make it out of bed, let alone eat breakfast. I bring my breakfast to work. I feel ill early in the morning but, like you, am starving by 10:30-11 if I don’t eat anything at all.

These days I take a hard boiled egg and a slice of rye bread. It seems to be ok on my tummy, and gives me some protein. I am not the type of person to eat anything complicated in the morning… the idea of having a big breakfast or an omelette or something makes me feel sick.

Post # 7
22125 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have the same problem. I get up early enough that if I eat when I first get up, I’m already hungry again when I get to work.

My new favorite breakfast is Oat Fit. I keep a box in my desk at work. The Cinnamon Roll kind is delicious, and the pouch that the oatmeal comes in also works to measure the water you add before microwaving. (Does microwaving count as cooking? haha)

Otherwise, what about a banana or a yogurt and granola (with an ice pack of course)?

Post # 8
1988 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

@Sunnyday278:  A quick sandwich? You know, two slices of wholemeal bread and whatever you find in the fridge? 🙂 I like sandwiches with some butter, cheese and lettuce. Super quick and quite filling. I’m the wrong person to give you advice though because I need to eat the second I crawl out of bed! lol I love my breakfast cereal. Oh, and I completely understand thinking about lunch at 10am – I eat breakfast every morning and it happens to me all the time! 🙂 

Post # 9
2571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@LadyBlackheart:  Girl you are making me wish I had a Wendy’s nearby!  But it’s probably best that it’s not. 😉

Post # 11
1254 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

When it comes to breakfast-on-the-go, I prefer to have a protein shake. Healthy and doesn’t require any cooking. I usually have the one with oats in it so it fills me up better. Breakfast is my favorite meal so I usually eat a lot for breakfast, but if I don’t have time to cook, I usually stick to protein shake with oats. As for lunch, I am having tuna and sweet potato. 

Post # 12
1901 posts
Buzzing bee

@Sunnyday278:  Um, I was thinking about lunch last night! Lol.. I brought lunch, but really not digging it today, so may bring it back home and go get something else. 

Post # 13
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Fffffff we really don’t have much lunch-type food at home, so I threw together a pb&j and yogurt. I figured it was better than running to Arby’s.

Post # 14
8282 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m craving a bagel with cream cheese. I’m so stopping at Dunkin Donuts after this workshop I’m at today. 

Post # 16
2571 posts
Sugar bee

@Sunnyday278:  That actually sounds so yum.  I had a huge salad for lunch yesterday and it was amazing.

Breakfast for me is usually greek yogurt with fruit or a smoothie.  This morning I had the feta and egg white wrap from Sbux.  So tasty!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors