(Closed) It’s speeding by…how’s 2009 treating you so far?

posted 8 years ago in Holidays
Post # 3
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Someone asked me about “The holidays” the other day. I was floored. I cannot believe how fast the year has flown. Wedding planning certainly teaches you to think long term but when that end date is August, somehow it seems that September doesn’t exist. I’m still reeling from the fact that it’s September, now it’s fall and the stores are full of Halloween candy. What’s even more amazing is that after 2009 comes 2010 – DOUBLE DIGITS! where has the last decade gone… guess I shouldn’t complain; I’ve been with my husband for 7 years next week though only married for 2 months. Guess 2009 and the ought oughts were good!

Post # 4
2365 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

It’s actually my best year yet. I got engaged. Family life is really going smooth and fiance and I are so happy. We will be married in a month and go on our dream vacation. .. Only if the economy would pick up!

Post # 5
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

So far so good. Almost married! I’m going to be sad when 2009 is gone. It’s been a great year thus far!

Post # 6
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I kind of can’t wait for 2009 to be over, to be honest. Haha such a Debbie Downer way to start. I spent the first 6 months unemployed and pretty depressed. Now I’m temping at a job that I haaaaa-a-a-a-ate.

But many good things happened: FI and I moved in together. We adopted 2 amazing kitties. We have our health. We’re not struggling financially. And we’re planning a fabulous wedding that’s to happen 8 months from today.

I can’t believe September is almost over. This year has flown by at lightning speed.

Post # 7
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

It’s been a year of lots of ups and downs! Got engaged – HUGE up. Went on a cruise – huge up! Grandfather passed away – big downer, and mom being really difficult and childish about wedding planning – downer.

Overall, I’d say it’s been a pretty good year, but I’m hoping next year is better. 🙂

Post # 8
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Good… The year started out tough… dealing with having to get a new car after an accident and then getting laid off. But then, I got engaged and we moved across the country. It tough to live 3,000 miles from the family but I got a new job, lost some weight and have had a lot of fun wedding planning. So…. so far, so good!

Post # 9
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

Best and most exciting year of my life so far! 

November 08 got a new job then got engaged, December 08 my niece was born, we bought our first home, my sister, her husband and my niece are moving back home next month, and we get married in 24 days.  Woo hoo!

Post # 10
2344 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

It’s been a great year! Since FI and I met in 2008, I have spent every day of 2009 in love with the love of my life 🙂 Sorry, I know its cheesy, but true! We got engaged this year and this is also my senior year of college. It’s been a big year, but 2010 will be even bigger!

The topic ‘It’s speeding by…how’s 2009 treating you so far?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors