(Closed) I’ve been awake since 4:20am…

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
Hostess
18623 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I usally take some Melatonin, though it probably won’t help you if you only need to sleep another half hour.

Post # 4
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Oh, man. I have issues with this. I have been taking Sleep Essence from Young LIving which is a combo of melatonin (which, by itself, does nothing for me) and essential oils like lavender, which knock me out good. But it wouldn’t help me go BACK to sleep.

I think today’s just going to be a coffee day for you!

Post # 5
612 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I take Valerian Root, which tastes terrible, but sure helps you get to sleep. It only lasts for a couple hours though, so if your problem is staying asleep then you would need to take it throughout the night.

Actually the biggest thing that helps me sleep through the night is eating better and daily exercise for at least a half an hour (I usually go an hour). I’ve been going a month stong and have never slept better. I used to have terrible insomnia.

I also cut out caffiene from my diet completely.

Post # 6
11328 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I don’t have any home remedies for sleep, but whenever that happens to me and it becomes apparent that I’m not going to be going back to sleep, I just turn to productivity. I try to do as much as possible off of that day’s to-do list so I’ll have time for a nap or to go to bed early that night. And sometimes its kind of cool like wow, its 8am and I’m half way done for the day! haha

Post # 7
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@Corgi, that’s what I do on Saturdays! If i get up at 530am or something like i would for work, i just treat myself to a glorious nap at 2pm =]

The topic ‘I’ve been awake since 4:20am…’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors