(Closed) Jack & Jill Issues

posted 10 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2008

My FH and I are low key and didn’t want anything.  The BMs insisted on something so we agreed to the joint thing.  Finally settled on a "stock the bar party".  Simple cookout and pool party at one BM’s house (her husband is also in the BP).  No gifts accepted unless it is alcohol.  We’ve both been living on our own for awhile and are pampered chef addicts so need for traditional gifts.  Other ideas were a "garden party" where everyone came over to help landscape the baren yard at our new house.  And the favorite "naughty" party hosted by one of the tupperware type party hostesses.

Post # 4
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

We’re doing something similar, low key BBQ with hired tents and catering and such at his parents house. You can find lots of BBQ cateres that will come or go anywhere at really reat prices with awesome food!

Our big party is going to be the rehersal dinner, bach and bachlorette party all in one to save on everything – and because it would be more fun for us. We are so past the club hopping days of our youth. 

I learned wearly on not to accomodate anyone but me & Mr S when picking dates, well not to "not accomodate them" but to not call around checking anyones schedule. You’ll never find a date that everyone can make it to or pick food everyone will eat. It’s sweet you FI wants to do for everyone but I think he might burn out from it soon…. good luck to him and a high five for thinking of others – what a sweetie.

Post # 6
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Glad to hear that others are having joint parties as well.  Since we both tango dance, we’re spreading the word that we’ll be celebrating at a regular event and are asking people to come out and have some fun (we asked the hosts first, of course).  We figure that way, people won’t bring gifts, but will be able to come, have fun and spend time with us, which is what we really want anyway.

The topic ‘Jack & Jill Issues’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors