(Closed) Jan 2014 brides!

posted 5 years ago in January 2014
Post # 3
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I don’t think there are too many of us 🙂

So far we have our venue, photographer and dress, veil and sash. I am having so much trouble deciding on colors/decor so I keep holding off on everything until we have that figured out!

Post # 4
362 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Boyfriend or Best Friend and I plan to get engaged within the next month or two, he just got my parents’ blessings. We want to get married overseas so BF’s elderly grandparents can attend (in our homeland), so we are thinking of Jan 4th as a date so it is still around the holidays and allows people to take time off to travel.

But I’m stressed that 7-8 months won’t be enough to plan a wedding.

We are also thinking of having a reception in the US afterwards but we may delay it by a few months (after Jan 2014) so we can get venue/photographer that we really want. That would be a random weekend and people would need to travel within the country if anything so it should be ok..?

Congrats to you all though!

Post # 5
1348 posts
Bumble bee

We’ve booked our venue, caterers and marriage celebrant, and have an appointment with a photog this month.

Have started some DIY projects, picked the bridal party, have the bridesmaids dresses, ties for the boys, groomsmens gifts and a pretty good idea of what we’re doing decor wise.

The photographer will be the last person we hire, so i’m nearly there! 😀

Post # 6
223 posts
Helper bee

So far

Bought my DIY centerpieces

and purchases some other decor items

Going dress shopping tomorrow and this weekend. 

Post # 7
332 posts
Helper bee

Jan 11th,in South Africa.

So far :

Dress, Venue, Invitations, guest list,officiant,cake,make up artist,BM’s,caterer,DRESS and photographer.

Colour Scheme :Coral and Aqua

Still looking for accessories, grooms attire,DJ,videographer and Decor company.

Congratualtions Ladies!

Post # 8
624 posts
Busy bee

Hello fellow January 2014 brides!  So far I’ve got the Venue, Caterer, Florist, DJ, Photobooth.  Shopping for my dress by end of April begginning of May.  I’ve bought a few little extras such as unity candle, toasting flutes, garter.  Stressing out already!!

Post # 9
13 posts

Oh man I feel so behind haha!!

So far we have a venue, waiting on the signing, I HAD a dress picked out and ready to buy until my mom showed me a beautiful dress soooooo back to retrying on again :/ We had a DJ set up and the bridesmaid dresses picked out, I have everything set up as to what I want to get now I have to go get it, but thats going to be a bit delayed seeing as I am finishing up nursing school. On the positive side my mother agreed to help make alot of the stuff so that will cut lots of costs!!

Post # 10
44 posts

I feel so far behind & so jealous of you ladies that have found your dresses!

So far we have:

Venue (Ceremony & Reception in the same location)

Caterer (Done by venue)

Color scheme – Blush pink & gold.

Preliminary guest list

Gave my girls wine bottles with labels asking them to be my Bridesmaid.

FH chose his groomsmen.

Engagement photography contract signed.

Final steps of booking our Wedding Photographer.

We’ve started ordering sample invites.

Ordered sample Save the Dates.

DJ & Photobooth should be done soon.

Still have so much more to do! 8 months to go! 🙂

The topic ‘Jan 2014 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors