(Closed) January 2012 Babies

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Heya!

I’d love to join in πŸ™‚   I’m due Jan 21st with our first.  We just had our NT ultrasound the other day!  Everything looks good so far, although we won’t know our exact genetic screening risk until after I give the second blood sample (around 15-16 weeks).  

We have our anatomay scan booked for Sept 6th – definitely looking forward to that as we really want to find out the sex of the baby. 

Thanks for starting this thread BabyBoecksMom!  How have you been feeling so far?

Post # 5
152 posts
Blushing bee

@BabyBoecksMom: I’m fine with either a boy or a girl, but I know my husband would love to have a little boy.  He’ll love a little girl too of course, but if he could choose, he’d go with a little boy.  I have to keep reminding him that we don’t really have a say in the matter though – haha. When I told him we get to find out in September – he said to me “but that’s so far away still!!!”  So I think he might be even more impatient than I am πŸ™‚

I am still dealing with some nausea (taking diclectin for it) – really hoping that abates very soon!  I haven’t been excercising as much as I should.  Normally we at least go on a big walk every day with our dog, but he recently had knee ligament surgery, so we haven’t been getting out as much. 

No bump here yet either. However, I’m about 20lbs heavier than I’d like to be (from before the pregnancy)  and I’ve been finding it harder to suck in my gut lately – so maybe the uterus is starting to push the gut out a bit more – hah!  Haven’t worn any mat clothes yet, but I did buy a few last weekend, because all my summer clothes are tight.  Of course, right after I did that – the weather went down the tubes.  Dang vancouver and it’s non-existant summer right now!

Post # 7
152 posts
Blushing bee

I would LOVE to trade weather with you!!  Wouldn’t it be great if you could bottle up a bit and post it through the mail Laughing

I tried to cut back on the diclectin I’m taking for the nausea to see if I perhaps it was easing up, but no such luck.  Back to taking 4 pills a day.   It’s usually worse in the afternoons for me, so I call it my Mid-day Malaise – heh. Still keeping my fingers crossed that it will get better in the next couple of weeks.

It’s been a bit easier to deal with this week, simply because I’ve started telling people at work about the pregnancy, so I don’t have to hide it when I’m feeling like crap!  haha

Have you guys started talking names yet?  That’s been one of the more amusing topics of conversation between my husband and I.  We often have a hard time agreeing on a name, so instead we’ve started to compete for who can come up with the weirdest or worst name! 

Post # 9
949 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Yay, a January board, I’ve been wondering if there was anyone else out here!  Ours is due January 13th. 

I’m still waiting for first trimester symptoms to go away, I’m sick most mornings and of course have no energy what-so-ever.  I’ve been spending a lot of time on the couch and in bed reading.  I have to give mad props to anyone who can exercise right now (@BabyBoecksMom)!  I am lucky, it could certainly be worse, and my appetite has started coming back lately, and I am still fairly functional at work.  I’ve lost about 10 lbs due to morning sickness, but have some extra padding to spare πŸ˜‰

I’ve got a small bump now, and can’t suck in my belly comfortably anymore.  We have a 3D/4D ultrasound next Saturday since I can’t wait 10 weeks in between our doctor’s ultrasounds, so we may know boy or girl as early as next weekend! I’m so excited for this one!

I just hit up Macy’s sale this morning for some longer tank tops since we are in the middle of our usual hellish summer here in AZ. 

Post # 12
152 posts
Blushing bee

Awwww….hello there little baby boeck!!  Such a cute picture…and so photogenic already πŸ™‚

@lemondrop:  yay another January 2012 mom!  I’m so with you on waiting for the morning sickness to go away (although in my case it’s more like midday malaise – heh).  I am officially in the 2nd trimester as of today (well it depends on if you go by 40 weeks/3 or by fetal development – but we’re over 13 weeks now so we’re there!) and I am HOPING that with it comes relief from the nasuea and fatigue.

I managed to clean out my entire closet this weekend, and went through all the maternity clothes that I inherited from a friend, and did the laundry! That’s more housework in one day, than I’ve done over the past month or so!  I have no idea how mom’s have more than one child.  I can’t imagine having to look after a little one while feeling like this.

And although I don’t really NEED to wear them, I broke out my new maternity capris to wear to work today. Can I just say, MOST COMFORTABLE PANTS EVER!!  haha.  I think it’s going to be hard to go back to regular clothes after the babe arrives.

Post # 14
949 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

@BabyBoecksMom  Very cute pic, amazing how they look more and more like babies as the weeks go by.  Friends were telling me that ours looked like an alien at 10 weeks, but I thought a very cute alien- guess I’m biased πŸ˜‰ I broke down and got the belly band from Target this weekend at your recommendation, it is pretty comfortable!  I have to unbutton my pants to drive my car comfortably now (I teach at a vet tech school so I usually wear khaki’s but I may be switching to scrubs full time pretty soon), so now I don’t have to rush to zip and button as I stand up out of the car, lol. 

@echo  I feel for you with the sick thing, I have some days where it doesn’t go away, and other days I feel fairly normal except for sick first thing in the morning.  Today was a bad day.  My husband and I get up at the same time to go to work, and I swear each day just as he walks into the kitchen, I run for the bathroom and start throwing up.  Poor guy to have to listen to that during breakfast!  I definitely question having a second kid at this point, I’m sure I’ll change my mind after the big reward comes, but I wasn’t expecting to feel this rotten- I really, really want to enjoy being pregnant. 

I accomplished more around the house yesterday than in the past couple of months too!  We had a huge dust storm a few weeks ago, finally washed off the yards and vaccumed the house for the first time in forever.  We also test drove a few cars this weekend since my ancient car isn’t reliable or safe enough for a little one.

Tomorrow is my 14 week appointment (been going in once a month) I don’t really expect too much at this appointment, I think we have the big scan and bloodwork at 18-20 weeks.  I can’t wait for Saturday to get the 3D-4D ultrasound- definitely a splurge, but well worth it I hope!

Post # 15
1004 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hey there πŸ™‚ Can I join??  We are due January 15th πŸ™‚  This is my 3rd pregnancy (Hubby’s first). This one is completely different than my first two. My first 2 were super easy and I felt great. This one, not so much. Terrible nausea all day long for the first trimester. It still rears its ugly head at least twice a day but not as bad. Weird cravings though. Bologna sandwiches with mayo and mustard and beans and hot dogs and cheese mixed together. Yuck!  Been drinking a crap ton of water though to try and avoid a lot of bloating. Some days it’s easier to drink it but others its a struggle. The heat here in the midwest has taken it’s toll on me too. Today it was 98 with a heat index of 115 with 85% humidity. Gross. 

We had a couple ultrasound of the gummi bear now. It’s amazing how much they change in a matter of weeks.  We get to find out what we are having on August 19th. We are hoping for a boy πŸ™‚ Our last scan, the tech was sure she saw a turtle down there.

I have been looking at ideas for the nursery and I am so jealous that they didn’t have all the cool stuff back when my girls were born and that wasn’t that long ago.

Post # 16
1004 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@lemondrop: When you go for your ultrasound, make sure that they take a good profile shot. I have read mixed reviews on whether they can tell this early. I am hoping they can, because we had an ultrasound last week at 13 weeks and the tech thought it was a boy.  The reason for the good profile shot is if they get the pic of down by baby’s butt they can usually see something sticking either straight down parallel to the spine or straight up like a winkie.

I am obsessed with In-Gender.com. They have a few posters on there who are ultrasound techs and some people will post pictures and they peek at them and give their opinion. πŸ™‚

The topic ‘January 2012 Babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors