January 2013 Babies

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
1342 posts
Bumble bee

We got an estimate our first u/s that I was only 4 weeks along….my next OB appt is next monday, at which point I should be around 7 weeks so I’m hoping to get a definite due date soon! we think it’ll be sometime in Jan. ’13 so yay!! :-)   i’ll be sure to post back if it is for sure :-)

2572 posts
Sugar bee

We have a winter thread that is mostly jan dates. It seems the season boards work the best… But the more the merrier.

146 posts
Blushing bee

I’ll play!!!  Its our first baby!

Dude date: Jan 12

Team: Green thus far, but fingers, toes and eyes crossed for a girl!

Thus far I feel like I have had the easiest pregnancy EVER (knock on wood) – no morning sickness, very little nausea, and I’ve been able to maintain my gym schedule so I haven’t gained much weight (as far as I can tell).  Only today have I noticed a little “pooch” but I suppose if our uterus is the size of a small grapefruit its bound to happen sooner or later.  

The crappiest thing was my DH and I traveled to Japan for 2 weeks back in May when I was 5-6 weeks and I couldn’t eat any sashimi.  That. Was. Tragic.  

866 posts
Busy bee

I’ll join! Stole these from another monthly board. 

Estimated Due Date: January 15th

How far along: 9w tomorrow!

Next Appointment: June 27th! We should hear the heartbeat (saw it at our dating U/S at 7w2d)

How are you feeling: hungry and sleeping a lot. Some breast soreness but not all the time. Bloated but other than that, I feel totally normal. Crossing my fingers that I skipped morning sickness all together!

Is it what you expected: I thought I’d feel more excited or obviously pregnant bc I normally have a weak stomach so I was sure I’d be sick! I guess I’m waiting to be out of the first trimester before I let it feel “real.”

What are you researching: nuitrition in the first trimester, safe skin care for acne and pregnancy (just found juice beauty which is all organic. Really hope it works!)

What have you bought: a MINI onesie (to tell DH but he ended up being there when I tested), a nutrition book, Ina may’s childbirth book, the birth partner for DH, and some bum genius cloth diapers that were on sale. I think I’ll hold off getting anything else for baby for a while!

2593 posts
Sugar bee

We have a pretty active winter babies thread as Mrs. Green Grass mentioned. Lots of January mommas are there. No offense, I like the seasonal threads since babies often come a week or two early or late which could changes your month so it’s helpful to have a slightly larger group, I think. 

866 posts
Busy bee

@kayakgirl73:  @mrsSonthebeach:  totally! i think there is room for both! it looks like there is a monthly board and then a seasonal board, so it makes sense that january mommas should have one too! doesn’t mean the winter board is going to be silent!

146 posts
Blushing bee

The difference between having the monthly thread vs. Winter Babies is that its easier to relate to people who are within a couple of weeks of your due date rather than someone who may be due at the beginning of December or End of February.  That’s an entire month and a half difference and, at least for me, it makes a big difference.    

While it may be helpful to have a larger group, it is also more difficult to keep track of everyone.  I just went on the winter babies thread and my head started spinning to try and keep up with the 214 previous posts.  We are still able to post questions/different topics outside the January ’13 group and keep up with the Winter babies group if we want to :)  Options are awesome!

181 posts
Blushing bee

I’m going to steal BirdofaFeather’s questionnaire.

Estimated Due Date: January 26

How Far Along: 7 weeks (8 on Saturday)

How Are You Feeling: Depends on the day. Sometimes really nauseous with or without a headache, tired, irritable, sore breasts that comes and goes.

Is It What You Expected: I suppose so. Some days I feel more pregnant than others. I never thought about how much a miscarriage is on the back of your mind.

What Are You Researching: Not much. Mostly what I can and cannot do.

What Have You Bought: nothing. We are afraid of jinxing something.

2593 posts
Sugar bee

Here’s my data. I can see where both threads can serve a purpose, now to keep up with two threads, but I’ll try.

Estimated Due Date: January 7th (We know escatly when we got Pregnant, it was a medicated IUI cycle)

How far along: 10w 3days

Next Appointment: July 6th. My first Ob appointment was June 8th.

How are you feeling:  Terrible fatigue, Lots of Nausea, Numbness in my arms especially in bed and Heartburn. My Hypothyroid conditonhas also gone crazy and we’re struggling to get my nmed s correct.

Is it what you expected:  I thought some of the stuff wouldn’t start until later. Ha Ha.

What are you researching: Daycare a bit long waiting lists in this area. I have gone to hog wild on research yet which is unusual for me. I think I’m scared of a loss since we went through a lot to get here and I’m 38.

What have you bought:  A onsie to announce to some friends, One maternity shirt.

218 posts
Helper bee

Estimated Due Date: January 24th.

How far along: 8 weeks, 1 day

Next Appointment: July 9th.  I had my first OB appointment this Monday and my first ultrasound today!

How are you feeling:  I’m really tired.  Occassionally, I feel icky for a few minutes – not really even nausea.  I know that I’m lucky.

Is it what you expected:  No.  I thought that I’d have morning sickness or otherwise feel pregnant.  Not complaining, but it is different than I expected.

What are you researching: daycares, what to eat/drink, names

What have you bought:  Some new work skirts since nothing fit (pre-pregnancy weight gain mostly, but still).  I’m thinking of buying DH a father’s day gift.

146 posts
Blushing bee

These are great, ladies!  Keep ‘em coming! 

@BabyEtobe:  What are you thinking of getting DH for father’s day?  I’m thinking about this too :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.