(Closed) January 2013 Babies

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1330 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We got an estimate our first u/s that I was only 4 weeks along….my next OB appt is next monday, at which point I should be around 7 weeks so I’m hoping to get a definite due date soon! we think it’ll be sometime in Jan. ’13 so yay!! πŸ™‚  i’ll be sure to post back if it is for sure πŸ™‚

Post # 6
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

We have a winter thread that is mostly jan dates. It seems the season boards work the best… But the more the merrier.

Post # 7
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I’ll play!!!  Its our first baby!

Dude date: Jan 12

Team: Green thus far, but fingers, toes and eyes crossed for a girl!

Thus far I feel like I have had the easiest pregnancy EVER (knock on wood) – no morning sickness, very little nausea, and I’ve been able to maintain my gym schedule so I haven’t gained much weight (as far as I can tell).  Only today have I noticed a little “pooch” but I suppose if our uterus is the size of a small grapefruit its bound to happen sooner or later.  

The crappiest thing was my DH and I traveled to Japan for 2 weeks back in May when I was 5-6 weeks and I couldn’t eat any sashimi.  That. Was. Tragic.  

Post # 8
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I’ll join! Stole these from another monthly board. 

Estimated Due Date: January 15th

How far along: 9w tomorrow!

Next Appointment: June 27th! We should hear the heartbeat (saw it at our dating U/S at 7w2d)

How are you feeling: hungry and sleeping a lot. Some breast soreness but not all the time. Bloated but other than that, I feel totally normal. Crossing my fingers that I skipped morning sickness all together!

Is it what you expected: I thought I’d feel more excited or obviously pregnant bc I normally have a weak stomach so I was sure I’d be sick! I guess I’m waiting to be out of the first trimester before I let it feel “real.”

What are you researching: nuitrition in the first trimester, safe skin care for acne and pregnancy (just found juice beauty which is all organic. Really hope it works!)

What have you bought: a MINI onesie (to tell DH but he ended up being there when I tested), a nutrition book, Ina may’s childbirth book, the birth partner for DH, and some bum genius cloth diapers that were on sale. I think I’ll hold off getting anything else for baby for a while!

Post # 9
1508 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

We have a pretty active winter babies thread as Mrs. Green Grass mentioned. Lots of January mommas are there. No offense, I like the seasonal threads since babies often come a week or two early or late which could changes your month so it’s helpful to have a slightly larger group, I think. 

Post # 11
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

@kayakgirl73:  @mrsSonthebeach:  totally! i think there is room for both! it looks like there is a monthly board and then a seasonal board, so it makes sense that january mommas should have one too! doesn’t mean the winter board is going to be silent!

Post # 12
139 posts
Blushing bee

The difference between having the monthly thread vs. Winter Babies is that its easier to relate to people who are within a couple of weeks of your due date rather than someone who may be due at the beginning of December or End of February.  That’s an entire month and a half difference and, at least for me, it makes a big difference.    

While it may be helpful to have a larger group, it is also more difficult to keep track of everyone.  I just went on the winter babies thread and my head started spinning to try and keep up with the 214 previous posts.  We are still able to post questions/different topics outside the January ’13 group and keep up with the Winter babies group if we want to πŸ™‚  Options are awesome!

Post # 13
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m going to steal BirdofaFeather’s questionnaire.

Estimated Due Date: January 26

How Far Along: 7 weeks (8 on Saturday)

How Are You Feeling: Depends on the day. Sometimes really nauseous with or without a headache, tired, irritable, sore breasts that comes and goes.

Is It What You Expected: I suppose so. Some days I feel more pregnant than others. I never thought about how much a miscarriage is on the back of your mind.

What Are You Researching: Not much. Mostly what I can and cannot do.

What Have You Bought: nothing. We are afraid of jinxing something.

Post # 14
1508 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Here’s my data. I can see where both threads can serve a purpose, now to keep up with two threads, but I’ll try.

Estimated Due Date: January 7th (We know escatly when we got Pregnant, it was a medicated IUI cycle)

How far along: 10w 3days

Next Appointment: July 6th. My first Ob appointment was June 8th.

How are you feeling:  Terrible fatigue, Lots of Nausea, Numbness in my arms especially in bed and Heartburn. My Hypothyroid conditonhas also gone crazy and we’re struggling to get my nmed s correct.

Is it what you expected:  I thought some of the stuff wouldn’t start until later. Ha Ha.

What are you researching: Daycare a bit long waiting lists in this area. I have gone to hog wild on research yet which is unusual for me. I think I’m scared of a loss since we went through a lot to get here and I’m 38.

What have you bought:  A onsie to announce to some friends, One maternity shirt.

Post # 15
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Estimated Due Date: January 24th.

How far along: 8 weeks, 1 day

Next Appointment: July 9th.  I had my first OB appointment this Monday and my first ultrasound today!

How are you feeling:  I’m really tired.  Occassionally, I feel icky for a few minutes – not really even nausea.  I know that I’m lucky.

Is it what you expected:  No.  I thought that I’d have morning sickness or otherwise feel pregnant.  Not complaining, but it is different than I expected.

What are you researching: daycares, what to eat/drink, names

What have you bought:  Some new work skirts since nothing fit (pre-pregnancy weight gain mostly, but still).  I’m thinking of buying DH a father’s day gift.

Post # 16
139 posts
Blushing bee

These are great, ladies!  Keep ’em coming! 

@BabyEtobe:  What are you thinking of getting DH for father’s day?  I’m thinking about this too πŸ™‚

The topic ‘January 2013 Babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors