January 2014 Babies – Part 7

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Where are we with our stats here? Just curious!
    This will be my first child! : (38 votes)
    41 %
    This will be my second child! : (5 votes)
    5 %
    This will be my third (or more) child! : (1 votes)
    1 %
    This will be my first biological child, but I have other children through my marriage/relationship! : (2 votes)
    2 %
    I am aged 16-20! : (1 votes)
    1 %
    I am aged 21-25! : (8 votes)
    9 %
    I am aged 26-30! : (20 votes)
    22 %
    I am aged 31-35! : (16 votes)
    17 %
    I am aged 36-40! : (2 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 3
    Hostess
    8725 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

@MrsPuddingface:  No Shame here. I’m totally commenting to follow all you lovely pregnant ladies. I love this thread. Hehe. Happy healthy wishes for all!

Post # 6
    1871 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I love roll call!

How far along are you? What’s your EDD? I am 9 weeks and 5 days. I feel like most of you are so far ahead!! lol EDD 1/24/14

Do you have names picked? If so, would you care to share  them? We have some names picked out. I want to find out the gender so badly!! I like laying claim to my names so if anyone else uses them, I can say I didnt copy. 🙂 Girl- Anna Claire, Olivia Kate. Boy- Clark, Jack, Colin, Mark.

What gender do you think you’re having? Will you find  out? I keep going back and forth but I think it is a girl right now. I am hoping to find out the end of August. 

Will you be revealing your gender to family and friends? And, if so,  how? I hope to do a gender reveal party but I am not sure if we will be able to because of busy August and September months.

What have you purchased so far? Nothing!! I am waiting to find out the gender first. It has been difficult not buying things but I am just not ready.

Where are you/will you register? I love the bedding and decor at Pottery Barn so definitely there. I am sure I will also register at Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, etc.

What are you researching right now? Symptoms.. I know I shouldn’t but I have been having pains in my back and my butt muscles lol and yesterday I could hardly stand straight because my leg hurt so bad. This pregnancy has my body going nuts.

What are you loving about your pregnancy? Honestly… not much. 🙁 I just want it to be over with so I can hold my baby!

What are you NOT loving about your pregnancy? Morning Sickness! I am nauseous almost all the time! I have aches and pains and I am still so tired.

Any worries – irrational or not? I haven’t been too worried.

Do you have a birth plan figured out yet? If so, what is  it? Other than me wanting a vaginal birth, not really. I know I will go for the drugs too!

How has your DH/DW/Partner been handling your pregnancy so  far? Sometimes he is really sweet, other times he acts like I should be acting as I was before pregnancy. Yesterday we got in an agrument because I didnt want to make dinner (why he couldnt is beyond me) I said I wish he understood the physical and emotional changes I am going through right now and sorry I didnt want to cook him dinner!! I have a job too… not like I had been home all day twiddling my thumbs!

How, where, and when did you meet your DH/DW/Partner? We met in college though we didnt date until years later. We just celebrated our one year anniversary and as of tomorrow we will have been together for 5 years.

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/january-2014-babies-part-7#ixzz2XLBhX1T9

Post # 7
    8821 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

@MrsPuddingface:  Thanks for starting the new thread, I closed the other.

How far along are you? What’s your EDD? 11w3d – Due Jan 12th 2014 (for now lol)

Do you have names picked? If so, would you care to share them? Yup!
    Noah Gregory Griffin Richer or Quinn Elizabeth Richer

What gender do you think you’re having? Will you find out? I am leaning towards girl and yes

Will you be revealing your gender to family and friends? And, if so, how?
    Yes, but nothing fancy. I’m just going to tell them.

What have you purchased so far? A few baby clothes from a garage sale, a nursing pillow and cover which have yet to arrive

Where are you/will you register? Babies R Us and Once Upon a Cloud

What are you researching right now? Nothing at the moment, just enjoying the end of the 1st trimester

What are you loving about your pregnancy? I don’t have to lift anything heavy.. DH won’t let me haha

What are you NOT loving about your pregnancy? My bad acne 🙁

Any worries – irrational or not? I still always worry about miscarriage but try not to focus on it. I pray and I am greatful for each day

Do you have a birth plan figured out yet? If so, what is it? Nope just know that I’ll deliver at a hospital with drugs please!

How has your DH/DW/Partner been handling your pregnancy so far? Great, he’s been extra helpful.  BUT he forgets that my hormones are crazy and doesn’t understand why I get upset at stupid things.

How, where, and when did you meet your DH/DW/Partner? We both met online (POF) met Aug 6th 2009 at Jack Astors for dinner.

Post # 8
    787 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

How far along are you? What’s your EDD? 12w today!  EDD Jan 8

Do you have names picked? If so, would you care to share them?  we have a few others we like, but our top choices today are:

Boy- Jackson “Jack” or James

Girl- Charley or Tyler

What gender do you think you’re having? Will you find out? I’ve had a feeling all along it’s a boy, but we will definitely find out.  I won’t be disappointed either way.

Will you be revealing your gender to family and friends? And, if so, how?  We haven’t really talked about it much, but we will likely have our parents and siblings and some of our closest friends over for dinner or just cake.  It will be so much easier to announce at once to a group rather than text or call everyone.

What have you purchased so far? The only thing I’ve bought so far is the blanket I got to use to tell DH, but I caved and told him before it was delivered.  I’m anxious to start shopping!!

Where are you/will you register? Target and most likely Buy Buy Baby

What are you researching right now? Is it bad that I’m not researching anything?

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  I’m starting to get a little bump!!  So far, this pregnancy has been a breeze.  Aside from some mild nausea and sore boobs, I’ve been feeling great.  I haven’t had any food aversions so far.

What are you NOT loving about your pregnancy?  I miss the occasional alcoholic beverages and sleeping through the night, but otherwise, I love everything so far.

Any worries – irrational or not?  I think my biggest worry currently is that I won’t be able to breastfeed like I plan to do.

Do you have a birth plan figured out yet? If so, what is it?  My only plan today is that I want an epidural!  Beyond that, I haven’t really thought too much about it.

How has your DH/DW/Partner been handling your pregnancy so far?  DH has been great!  He always asks how “we” are doing and makes sure that I eat enough throughout the day.  He doesn’t try to brush off any fears, he recognizes them and talks them through with me.

How, where, and when did you meet your DH/DW/Partner?  We actually had huge crushes on each other in high school, we just never knew it!  He was a year older than me, but we were both dating someone at the time.  We had the same group of friends, but oddly, we never hung out together in school.  It wasn’t until after graduated that we had another set of mutual friends that brought us together.  I was in a dead end relationship, and he happened to be an outside perspective on that relationship.  He never once tried to tell me to break up with my boyfriend, but after I did, he couldn’t help but tell me how happy he was and that he had been fighting his feelings for me.  The rest is history.  We’ll be together for 8 years and married for 2 in Sept.

Post # 9
    881 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

@MrsPuddingface:  Thanks for starting the new thread, and for making a fun roll call!

How far along are you?   10 weeks

Do you have names picked? If so, would you care to share  them?  We do, we will share when we find out the gender. (No one except DH and I know the names)

What gender do you think you’re having? Will you find  out?  Still not sure!  I really thought I would have mother’s intuition by now 🙂  I keep going back and forth so I guess I will have to wait and see.  We have an appointment at 12 weeks and hope to hear gender results 2 weeks after that!

Will you be revealing your gender to family and friends? And, if so,  how? Yes, not fully decided yet but probably either cake or balloon reveal with families.  Extended family we will likely send out a postcard type announcement.  Friends will find out via fb photo or in person.

What have you purchased so far? Only a frame to make a chalkboard for bump photos and a stretchy top to wear in the photos so I can wear the same thing the entire time hopefully.

Where are you/will you register?  Probably Babies R Us and Amazon

What are you researching right now?  Ideas for our registry, strollers/carseats, how to prepare our dog for the baby, gender reveal ideas, and making our own babyfood.

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  Starting to see my body change and everything related to the anticipation of planning for this baby (gender reveals, milestone appts, imagining us as a family, nursery decor, etc!).  Seeing DH’s excitement has also been incredible.  I can’t wait to go through this journey with him he has been so understanding and supportive already.

What are you NOT loving about your pregnancy?  It has been a bit more stressful than I would have liked, but so far everything looks good so no complaints here!

Any worries – irrational or not?  Pretty worried still about my 12 week appt.  It’s in 2 weeks, but that seems like a long time to wait to make sure things are still on track.  Last we saw baby was 7 weeks.  I haven’t had any bleeding since then and I am now having morning sickness but seeing a healthy baby and strong heartbeat would really help put my mind at ease, as would making it out of the dreaded first tri!

Do you have a birth plan figured out yet? If so, what is  it?  No specifics yet, but I would like to try to do it naturally if possible.  I have no idea how I will handle the pain of labor so I may very well cave early and get an epi or I may not have the choice of delivering naturally but that’s my goal right now.

How has your DH/DW/Partner been handling your pregnancy so  far?  He has been amazing.  He is beyond excited and has been talking to my belly and telling me and baby goodbye before I leave.  He asks me how I’m feeling every day now that I’ve been having morning sickness which I think is really sweet.  He was also very helpful when I was bleeding and took care of most things so I could just rest and not have to get up unless it was necessary.  He has been reading some books and learning on his own about pregnancy/raising kids and shocked me the other day by saying he wanted to take me on a babymoon and asked where I would like to go!  I never told him that word and I couldn’t believe he knew what that was haha  

How, where, and when did you meet your DH/DW/Partner?  We are an online dating success story 🙂  I guess we met 3 years ago now, time has flown!

Post # 11
    787 posts
    Busy bee

I wasn’t sure what to choose for the poll regarding work.  I work full time from home, so I just chose full time. meh, it doesn’t really matter! 🙂

@MrsPuddingface:  I LOVE the story of how you met your husband!!  how sweet!!!

Post # 12
    3011 posts
    Sugar bee

I can’t believe there are 5 of us due on 1/1!

How far along are you? What’s your EDD?
    I am 13W exactly today. My EDD is 1/1/14.

Do you have names picked? If so, would you care to share them?

What gender do you think you’re having? Will you find out? 

I already know…… BOY!

Yes. I gave my parents 2 gifts and then called and told them which to open. Everyone out found out over the phone or via my fb announcement.

What have you purchased so far? NOTHING! I need to amend this. I have received a few outfits, a brand new, unused car seat and a bassinet.

Where are you/will you register?  Registry is mostly done via amazon.

What are you researching right now? Trying to narrow down and finalize nursery decor.

What are you loving about your pregnancy?
    Hm… loving? I guess having this baby boy in my belly. Makes me joyful :)))

What are you NOT loving about your pregnancy?
    Health issues, weight concerns.

Any worries – irrational or not?
    That my baby will have something wrong with him. Yesterday it was that he could be deaf or blind. I mean, it has to be someone, right??

Do you have a birth plan figured out yet? If so, what is it?
    I don’t think I will have a birth plan. I am just worried about baby and will do what my doctors tell me. Induction, epidural, c-section- I won’t say no!

How has your DH/DW/Partner been handling your pregnancy so far?
    Eh. What happened to this chivalry men are supposed to have towards us????

How, where, and when did you meet your DH/DW/Partner?
    We met on eharmony in 2/11.

Post # 13
    3153 posts
    Sugar bee

@MrsPuddingface: Happy 12 weeks mama! Sorry I’m a little late. Love the poll questions/answers. Hope you’re feeling better. Miss you like crazy!!! XOXO

Post # 14
    329 posts
    Helper bee

Thanks for the new thread and new roll call! YAY!

How far along are you? What’s your EDD? 10 weeks – tomorrow!

Do you have names picked? If so, would you care to share them? not yet. but i think we will not share names til the baby is here!

What gender do you think you’re having? Will you find out? I have a feeling it’s a boy (I have no basis) but my friends all tell me it’s a girl. I will DEFINITELY find out.

Will you be revealing your gender to family and friends? And, if so, how? Yes. I will just tell them. (lame!)

What have you purchased so far? absolutely nothing yet. thinking about getting a couple of books to prepare myself.

Where are you/will you register? we will register at buy buy baby, probably.

What are you researching right now? researching morning sickness- hoping it goes away. also looking into maternity leave choices.

What are you loving about your pregnancy? i love that this is our first child so everything is exciting and new! i can’t believe a baby is growing inside of me.

What are you NOT loving about your pregnancy? weight gain, fatigue, lack of SUSHI in my life

Any worries – irrational or not? every time I start to feel “better” I wonder if the baby is still in there. i tell myself the baby is fine because i’m not bleeding. then i start to wonder if the bleeding will happen later. ;(

Do you have a birth plan figured out yet? If so, what is it? not yet. however, i want a epidural – that is FOR SURE!

How has your DH/DW/Partner been handling your pregnancy so far? my DH has been absolutely amazing. but he’s generally awesome, so no surprise there. he has listened to all my complaints and cravings. he’s going to be a wonderful dad! 

How, where, and when did you meet your DH/DW/Partner? met at a friend’s party, started emailing, then he asked me out. i knew he was totally into me from day 1 and i gave him a chance. (his version of the story might not be the same.)

Post # 15
    329 posts
    Helper bee

@Lyndzo:  hehe! i loved jack astor’s – there was one near my university in upstate new york.

I love how so many bees met online! awesome!! 😀

Post # 16
    2243 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

OOOHH!! Fun! New Rollcall!!

How far along are you? What’s your EDD? 9 weeks today. Due Jan 29th 2013

Do you have names picked? If so, would you care to share them? Keith & Lauren are our #1’s so far

What gender do you think you’re having? Will you find out? I think we’re having a boy for a number of reasons (BD timing, our age, HCG, etc). We’ll be finding out at 20 weeks

We’re leaning towards only telling them if it’s a boy.  Still not 100% sure how,

What have you purchased so far? 1 baby sling 😛

Where are you/will you register? I’m not sure if we will. I find showers really awkward. If people ask us to we will though.

What are you researching right now? Co-sleeping

What are you loving about your pregnancy?   My boobs!! 

What are you NOT loving about your pregnancy? The ridiculous things I want to eat. I have never wanted this much junk food in my life!

Any worries – irrational or not? I’m worried that everything is going ok in there. My first appointment in july 18th so I won’t hear a heartbeat or see an U/S until then. I keep having bad dreams about it. :S It would be awful to go this far & find out it stopped growing weeks ago!

Do you have a birth plan figured out yet? If so, what is it? We’re giving birth in a birthing center in our area. Going to work out the details with the midwives.

How has your DH/DW/Partner been handling your pregnancy so far? He’s been really supportive & slowly reading his Dad’s Guide to Pregnancy. When he read that I’d be tired in the 1st trimester he became insistent that I take frequent naps & relax! He also indulges my cravings & makes me feel less bad about them! <3

How, where, and when did you meet your DH/DW/Partner?
    We met at my college rugby practice. He would loiter there, even though he had graduated cause his friends hadn’t. He caught a glimpse of my bodacious booty & invited me to an “All You Can Drink” party he was throwing (I don’t know how we didn’t die). The rest is history 😛

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors