January 2014 Babies – Part 8 Second Trimester Here We Come!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What was your old wive's tale prediction and if you know the gender already was it right?
    Boy! : (11 votes)
    23 %
    Girl! : (9 votes)
    19 %
    Tie/Too Close To Call : (4 votes)
    8 %
    Prediction Was Correct : (1 votes)
    2 %
    Prediction Was Not Correct : (3 votes)
    6 %
    Don't Know The Gender Yet/Not Finding Out Gender : (20 votes)
    42 %
  • Post # 3
    279 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Oh good now I can keep up starting with a fresh new thread

Post # 4
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

@MrsEagleEye:  Aww you still have MS too? I do not have issues like you are experiencing with bladder problems while throwing up, but that’s terrible!!! 

Is your MS still bad? My MS is still bad. I am throwing up multiple times a day, everything smells bad, and I eat close to nothing. Whenever I eat something I have to think about how it will taste when I throw it up because the possibility is extremely high – so it’s been a lot of bagels and gatorade. Good luck girl. Hopefully our MS goes away soon. I am so jealous of people who get to eat haha. When I see people enjoying a meal or food I just can’t wait until that’s me again lol. 

Post # 5
    8821 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

@MrsEagleEye:  LOL! That picture is great. Don’t think I could see my toes over my big boobs before anyway haha

Thanks for starting the new thread!

Post # 6
    8821 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

@EquiBee2013:  Sorry you are still sick. I hope it goes away quickly!  Have you tried ginger?  I’m guessing you’ve probably tried everything.

I can’t complain at all b/c I never had MS, but last night I had a bad headache for 5 hours. DH read that ginger can help so I finally found my ginger, took 1 and it went away. Can’t believe the power of ginger LOL

Post # 7
    329 posts
    Helper bee

Thanks for the new thread!

@MrsEagleEye:  oh man! I wonder what it would feel like to not be able to see my toes…I feel like I’ll REALLY feel pregnant then!

Post # 9
    290 posts
    Helper bee

@MrsEagleEye:  We are exactly in the same boat. All of this is also what I am going through – even if I don’t eat I will also dry heave or throw up bile. Such a bad feeling to know whatever you do manage to eat will probably come back. It’s good to know you are not alone but at the same time – I hope it goes away for us both soon!!! 🙂

Post # 10
    290 posts
    Helper bee

@Lyndzo:  Thank you! Yes, tried that but didn’t work. Boo. 

Post # 11
    96 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Love that comic!  I keep telling my DH that I can’t wait to get fatter.  This is what I actually mean!  He just looks at me funny.

Post # 12
    1849 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I have been lucky…I never really got the MS thing. I’ve had heartburn like no other, and I do get tired often. However, I would say I nap 4-5 days of the week, instead of 7, so I guess that’s an improvement? :-).

Honestly…I wish I could do some more exercising. I am already feeling really heavy and not attractive. DH is awesome and says he loves me, still calls me beautiful, but I’m really not feeling it! The doctor said I can go swimming, that’s her preferred method of exercise for me. I could go for a walk, but she’d rather me limit that. The positive I’m taking out of this is that I am gaining weight for a good reason, and it’s giving me some time to mentally prepare to really stick with Weight Watchers when I get the clearance from my doctor. I’ve done that program before, and it really worked for me. I gained the weight back because I went back to old habits.

Okay…enough soul searching for one day :-). I did order some cute maternity clothes. I decided that if I am going to feel huge during these next months, I am at least going to wear cute clothes!

Post # 13
    590 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Just posting to follow…

Post # 14
    292 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@keepsmiling19:  Ah, I could have written a lot of this myself. I just have to keep reminding myself that I’m not JUST getting fat. I’m getting fat AND building a new human!  And I’ll lose the weight afterwards. There was a brief moment today when I glimpsed at my body in the mirror and thought, “pregnant!” instead of just “fat!”

So what’s the old wives’ tales on MS, then? If you have a ton, it’s a girl, right?  I feel very lucky to have only had queasiness overall, have never actually thrown up. The queasiness is mostly gone now, too. I haven’t worn my seabands in two days!!

Love the comic, because it’s so true. Sure, we’ve see the thing at the doctor’s office and heard the heartbeat, etc., but once I feel it scrabbling inside me and/or my belly gets obviously prego looking, THEN I believe it!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors