January 2014 Brides

posted 3 years ago in January 2014
Post # 3
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@CzechBride14:  Good points!  It is so easy to get caught up in the madness and stress, but it really is all about marrying the one you love and celebrating with your family and friends.  I hope you have a lovely holiday season too, and a beautiful and happy wedding!

Post # 4
626 posts
Busy bee

@CzechBride14:  I cant even lie, I am so stressed out I forgot Christmas was next week.  I honestly can not wait for this whole thing to be over with.  I wish I could say this is all so much fun but its not.  🙁

Post # 6
4072 posts
Honey bee

@FutureMrsJohnston:  I feel ya. Planning was never really fun. I’m looking forward to it being over with. That’s largely because I wanted to elope but my FI and everyone else wanted a typical wedding, so I gave in. Hard to plan something you’re not really commited to.

That said, I’m pretty much done planning. There isn’t much left, so for that I am thankful. And I am so happy I get to see my FI in exactly 3 weeks (we’re long distance, haven’t seen him since October), and we are married right after that. It will feel good to have that legal document in hand!

Post # 7
1887 posts
Buzzing bee

@FutureMrsJohnston:  I keep forgetting that Christmas is next week too!  The wedding planning  keeps you busy.  I feel so blessed and excited.

Post # 8
3210 posts
Sugar bee

@FutureMrsJohnston:  

@FLBlonde93:  

@CzechBride14:  

Oh my gosh, I keep forgetting next week is Christmas too! I’m like, “Christmas?! What Christmas? You mean I have to spend like three days focusing on something that’s not the wedding?!” Lol.

I am alternating between being incredibly excited/happy/thrilled and furious at everyone, hahaha. The honeymoon is going to be the best thing everrrr.

Post # 9
3210 posts
Sugar bee

Also, I’m getting married on a Monday, and I called a local brow bar to make an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed, and I asked them how far in advance to have it done, since my wedding was on January 6.

The receptionist/whoever was like, “On the 6th? You’re getting married on a Monday??” and I was like, “Uh, yep.” And she was like, “Suuuuure, okay.” like she didn’t believe me! Like… why would I lie and say I was getting married?! I had to take a few deep breaths and not go serious bridezilla, lol.

Thank goodness my FI is a calm breath of fresh air. He is the most laidback, happiest person in the world, AND he lets me rant when I need to, lol.

Post # 10
1887 posts
Buzzing bee

@howsweetitis: You said:  “I am alternating between being incredibly excited/happy/thrilled and furious at everyone.” That made me smile. Being engaged and wedding planning has certainly been an emotional journey! While I am thrilled the wedding is almost here, I think I will miss this special time when it’s all over.

Post # 11
4072 posts
Honey bee

@howsweetitis:  Why the heck would you lie about that? Weird…

Also, this: I am alternating between being incredibly excited/happy/thrilled and furious at everyone, hahaha.

So perfectly said! I feel like a crazy person. I go from being extremely excited and happy to being pissed off at the world because something has gone wrong. Haha.

Post # 12
227 posts
Helper bee

@FutureMrsJohnston:  Date twin!

I’m counting down the days but am surprisingly not stressed. I know that everything that is left is small details and all the big stuff is wrapped up.

I go for my final fitting tomorrow!

Post # 13
227 posts
Helper bee

@bowsergirl:  Hmmm I wouldn’t want to deal with a pissed off Bowser LOL!

I think everything will hit me more once Christmas is over, but I have a few days off work that I can spend wrapping stuff up. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors