January 2014 Brides

posted 3 years ago in January 2014
Post # 3
473 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@katy13:  I’m at 109 days to go and starting to freak out a tiny bit! We have most of the big stuff done. All that’s left is to actually book our videographer and order invites then finish up the small details. We’re getting so close!

Post # 4
3210 posts
Sugar bee

@katy13:  I can’t believe we’re finally into the double digits!! It is coming up!

I can’t figure out when to make hair and nail appointments (we are just going to the salon). I don’t want to make them to early and have the salon like forget or something, but I don’t want to wait too long and then not be able to accommodate all of us!

I don’t have too much else to do until November (which is when I’ll be mailing our invitations, getting my dress altered, choosing our menu, etc). This month I think I’ll order our family gifts, since personalized stuff can take a little while. I also want to work on the playlist for our dinner (small wedding, so just doing a dinner afterward, not a big reception) but that’s kind of FI’s territory, as he’s the music buff.

Post # 5
300 posts
Helper bee

99 days for me, and Im still not at home, two more months till I can tend to the finer details.Panic.

Post # 6
26 posts
Newbee

99 days now. I can’t believe it. You know the holidays always fly by, and then it will be wedding (aka Grand Caribbean Vacation) time. Most of the planning is done, thank goodness, but I’m beginning to feel nervous about it when I think abou the actual ceremony. It’s not a concern about the day’s events going well, because we’re keeping everything super simple, it’s mainly the idea of putting myself out there emotionally for everyone to see. For so long it was this thing well into the future and now it’s suddenly coming up soon.

We spent the weekend picking out wedding bands. My wedding gown ordered back in March was due to arrive October 1, so it should be here any day now. I’m a little nervous about how it will fit and if I’ll still like it so many months later and how costly alterations will end up being. 

One of the main things left for us is to write our vows–eek. This is not something I want to leave to the last minute with all the other stress that will be going on. We haven’t decided about any readings we might want to do, yet either. I was recently reading up on the name-change process. I’m excited to do that, I really do want to share his last name and I know he’s excited about it, too.

I also just emailed my pastor about premarital counseling this morning. That should be interesting! Especially since I am a Christian and he is not.

Post # 7
292 posts
Helper bee

@katy13:  Your wedding date is my birthday! 😀 (yay)

@BeeOi:  And your wedding date is my FH’s birthday! 😀 (yay)

@CPM:  Yay date twin!  I am waiting for my dress to be altered, need to order FH’s tux, finalize the ceremony details & vows, and do the food tasting (which has been scheduled to be next week).

Starting to get nervous!!

Post # 8
300 posts
Helper bee

Ladies, first hiccup: Printers meesed up invitations, the invitations I bought in FEBRUARY.But only had it printed last week, so now I am in the process of getting new invites.Perfect.Argh.

Post # 9
1887 posts
Buzzing bee

@katy13: It sounds like you are doing great to me! You sound on top of everything.

Getting so close to the wedding feels very exciting, doesn’t it?  January will be here before we know it!  I feel so happy and very blessed!

Post # 10
227 posts
Helper bee

3 months to go and I still have a bunch of stuff outstanding! We’re planning this quickly as we just got engaged in August, nature of my fiance’s business is it’s either by February or we’re looking at next fall and we don’t want to wait that long.

We’re 99% on the venue, just haven’t paid the deposit and I already have my dress. The invitation sample should arrive today and I hope to order those right away.

Once of the biggest holdups is the Officiant, I had left this with my fiance but it’s taken him over a month to finally tell me he couldn’t get a hold of the guy. We are looking to have a Jewish ceremony but I’m not converting so our choices are limited. I wanted to have someone confirmed before we booked the venue to make sure the dates all line up.

Though I’m a total control freak normally I’m actually pretty cool about this for now, my best friend is getting married in 2 weeks and she just started planning in August so it can be done! We’re both low key and not picky so it’s easier to put things together when you’re not a stickler for details.

Happy Planning!!

Post # 11
167 posts
Blushing bee

@katy13:  My wedding is a day after yours Smile I’ve got many pending things to do too. The invitations will be here on the 15th of Nov. After that we’ve got to mail them. We still have to decide our reception menu and drinks.Gotta choose our first dance song and start practicing.Bridesmaid dresses need alterations. My dress needs alterations too and I will be doing them after 2 weeks(thats when il be going home). planning a wedding is so difficult when you’re workin in another state but at the same time its fun and im excited.Cool

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors