January 2014 Mamas Part 10 – Babies are arriving!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
2429 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Roll Call:

Due Date: January 6th, 2014

Gender (if known): Girl!

Do you have an induction or C-section planned? If so, when? No, discussing them if baby measures big at my next ultrasound 12/30.

Stretch marks? Yes

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: Yes!!! We finally packed the hospital bags this weekend, nursery is done, and I set up the rock n play sleeper and diaper station in our bedroom.

What are you currently researching: Nothing, I’m done.  I’m ready to have this baby and I don’t want to read anything else off Google because it just makes labor even more scary.

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: I am not loving pregnancy, I am ready to meet this baby.

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: Bending.  Anytime I have to bend to get something I can’t breath.  Sleeping is starting to become hard too and I wake up with sore hips every morning.

Any signs of labour: I’ve been having a few contractions everyday for the past week or so. I’ve had Braxton Hicks for a while but these are starting to hurt a little.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): Nothing, I don’t have to energy to do anything and I don’t like tea 🙁

What is left on your to do list: Have baby!

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Yes but I’m not sure my husband wants me posting it on here, though I wonder if I have already :/

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc): Depending on when I deliver, me and my husband are on Chirstmas break right now until 1/13, then my husband is taking a week off.  Plus my mom lives with us so she’ll be here to help, although she works  too so it’ll mostly be in the evenings.

Most Recent Bump Photo: 37 weeks and my shirt no longer fits, lol.

Post # 4
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Congrats to all the new mamas!!  Welcome little babies!!

Roll Call:

Due DateJanuary 7th, 2014

Gender (if known): Girl.

Do you have an induction or C-section planned? If so, when? Nope.

Stretch marks? Don’t think so… but I can’t really see all around my belly…

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: Not even close but getting there…  We have a crib and the baby’s room is painted.  

What are you currently researching: Breast-feeding.  Maternity leave.  I am the first woman in 20 years to get pregnant at my company… they’re not big enough to qualify for FMLA and they essentially have no policy and no clue.  I have been stalking my boss to get him to give me a straight answer.  *sigh*  Also researching daycare. 

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: I have no love for pregnancy but I do love my family, friends, coworkers and kind strangers…  I have more love for my mother.  She did this four times! … Looking forward to meeting the little bebe in a few weeks (as much as I am excited to meet her, I’m hoping that she doesn’t make an “early” appearance…) 

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now:  Not being able to breathe.  Having so much to do and so little energy to do it.  Walking is really hard…

Any signs of labour: No dilation or effacement.  Pain in stomach, pelvic area and lower back but I don’t think that they’re contractions or BH.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): None of the above…

What is left on your to do list: Finish Shower thank you notes, figure out maternity leave, buy crib sheets, wash baby clothes and bassinet, put together hospital bag, pick out a name, get breast-feeding gear… the list goes on and on… 

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Not yet… yikes…

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc):  DH said that he’ll take a week off.  My mother wants me to move to her home for the first few weeks but I don’t think that I can b/c if DH can’t take too much time off, we want him to be able to see the baby when he comes home.  Plus, if anything goes wrong, the hospital is literally across the street.  My sisters are going to be visiting my sick grandfather across the world… *sigh*  It’ll all work out.  I’m sure.     

Ladies, we’re almost there!!!!

Post # 5
1414 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I also wanted to send my congrats to all of the moms who have had their babies already. I hope to hear birth stories/see pics soon! 🙂

Roll Call:

Due Date: January 24th, 2014

Gender (if known): Boy

Do you have an induction or C-section planned? If so, when? Nope.

Stretch marks? I’ve been keeping my eye on a couple spots that I think might be the start of stretch marks but other than that I haven’t noticed anything.

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: Almost! The nursery is completely done and my bags are mostly packed.

What are you currently researching: I’ve been watching videos on labouring techniques and reading “Ina May’s Guide to Natural Childbirth”.

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: I’m mostly loving that the pregnancy is coming to an end lol. I am really looking forward to meeting my baby boy.

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: Bending over is really difficult…so is sleeping. I also have no energy but I’m trying to rest as much as possible.

Any signs of labour: I’ve had Braxton Hicks for the last few days. They were quite strong last night actually.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): Nothing really, other than research.

What is left on your to do list: Finish packing the last few items for the hospital. Rearrange the furniture in our bedroom so I can set up the play yard beside the bed – that’s where the LO will be sleeping for the first little bit. I also need to start working on thank you cards for my baby shower.

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): It’s been such a hard decision but I think DH and I have finally agreed on a name. We’re not telling anyone the name yet though, especially not our mothers who keep asking us about it! lol

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc): Not really and this kind of freaks me out a bit. Depending on when I have the baby DH might get a couple days off but that’s about it and since we moved not too long ago I don’t have any friends or family nearby. We also don’t have space in our condo for overnight guests.

Most Recent Bump Photo: I haven’t taken a photo in over a month. I will try to take one tomorrow.

Post # 6
759 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I can’t believe that babies are arriving already! Wishing joy, happiness and health for all of the new babies and moms!

Roll Call:

Due DateJanuary 29th, 2014

Gender (if known): Boy

Do you have an induction or C-section planned? If so, when? No

Stretch marks? Not yet but my belly skin is getting very tight

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: Yes!!! I was gifted a Baby Concierge and they came in and finished everything while we were on our Babymoon. Best thing ever!!! They even got some really adorable monogrammed things that I never would have thought of. I love, love, love monogrammed stuff. They really did a great job listening to what we wanted.

What are you currently researching: Breastfeeding. I am hoping that I am more successful this time

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: I’m not really loving anything about pregnancy right now. Just looking forward to meeting my precious baby then it will all be worth it!

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: Heartburn so I have completely lost my appetite and not sleeping because it’s so uncomfortable.

Any signs of labour: No. I have to go to my Dr’s every dang week for a non-stress test where they monitor the baby’s heart rate and contractions. Nothing.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc) increased my yoga frequency and continuing to work out regularly to strengthen my core and back 

What is left on your to do list: Relax and enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): waiting to meet the little man to decide among the finalists

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc): yes, DH then my Mom for a few weeks then I have a sanity sitter (that’s what DH nicknamed her) coming a few hours a day 

Most Recent Bump Photo: 

Post # 7
2243 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Roll Call:

Due Date: January 29th, 2014

Gender (if known): Team Pink!

Stretch marks? So far only a couple under my left boob (what’s going on, right boob?!)

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: Nope! Still need a crib matress, waterproof covers, breastpump, & a bunch of organisational stuff!!

What are you currently researching: CRAIGSLIST for any cheap gliders

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to:  How my bump looks! Its nice, round, shiney.

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: Baby Rugbee kicks my ribs ALL DAY LONG…  🙁 Makes me jump every time!

Any signs of labour: I get braxton-hicks every evening, yesterday they were 3-5 minutes appart but they went away.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): I do inversions once in a while, but its more for comfort than to prepare for labour.

What is left on your to do list: All of it!

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Yes! Lauren Margaret

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc):
I will have DH & my sister (who lives with us) as well as my MIL who lives 5 minutes away (she’s a SAHM). So there are lots of hands on deck,

DH will be at home on disability until Feb 20th – as I shared with the FB group, my husband had a cardiac arrest on Nov 20th, was in a coma until the 28th & came home on Dec 6th. He’s ok now (which is why I’m back), and we’re both so conscious of how blessed we are to have this oppertunity. 

Most Recent Bump Photo:

Cross-posting from bump-love

Post # 8
759 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@MrsRugbee:  OMG, I am so sorry to hear about your DH and I hope that everything is ok! That must have been so, so scary. Wishing you and your DH good thoughts and health in the new year!

Post # 9
1849 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Roll Call:

Due DateJanuary 12th, 2014

Gender (if known): Boy

Do you have an induction or C-section planned? If so, when? Nothing planned! Going to the doctor on 12/27 to get an ultrasound. It seems like he’s measuring ahead.

Stretch marks? Oh yeah. I had them before, from growing up, but now there’s a whole new crop on the sides of my belly.

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: There’s always something that needs to be done, but the room is mainly set up (just need to organize some things for underneath the changing table), clothes are washed.

What are you currently researching: I’m going to be reviewing what to look for when going into labor and some infant care things. I also was checking to see where I can go to get the car seat base installed…that needs to be done soon!

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: I still love feeling him move. That does not get old! That being said…I’m most looking forward to delivering our baby (even though the thought of labor/recovery is still scary to me). 

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: Being so sore/stiff, especially when trying to sleep. I’m up about every 2 hours to adjust. Getting up to pee is getting really, really annoying, too!

Any signs of labour: I’ve had a lot of BH contractions, I’m a fingertip dilated, and I’ve felt some pressure.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): None of the above. This may change after Christmas…I just wanted to make it through the holiday.

What is left on your to do list: Get the car seat base installed and checked, wash bottles, set up things on the changing table, finish packing the hospital bag.

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): We have! We’re keeping it a secret until he is born.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc): My mom lives really close by, so I know that she can come over if I need it. DH will be taking a week off from work, which will be really helpful. His mom could also come by, if needed, but I don’t feel quite as comfortable asking her for help. 

Post # 10
208 posts
Helper bee

Roll Call:

Due DateJanuary 16, 2014

Gender (if known): Boy!

Do you have an induction or C-section planned? If so, when? Nope.

Stretch marks? Only one between the two ends of my belly button ring hole.  Otherwise my body has held up pretty well.

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: Not yet.  We still have to assemble the crib and finish the nursery decorating.  Also need to do 1 more load of baby clothing laundry and wash bottles. Lastly, I need to start packing my hospital bag.  I’ll do it tonight and throw it in the car with us on our way to the IL’s for a 1 night stay for Christmas (they’re just on the border of my travel restrictions so I want to be prepared)

What are you currently researching: Newborn care for the first week.

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: That I’m finally at the point where my husband realizes I’m huge and will do stuff for me and make sure I’m feeling alright.  I’ve had a super easy pregnancy so far and he hasn’t had to be all that attentive since I’ve been able to do everything.  

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: Heartburn!  I forgot to bring my Zantac home from work over the weekend and I was popping Tums every few hours and waking up with heartburn.  He better have so much hair!

Any signs of labour: At my appointment last week I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced.  He’s still hanging out pretty high so I’m hoping he stays in there until January at the earliest and there isn’t too much more progression at my appointment tomorrow.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): Nothing.  I want him to bake a little longer so I’m avoiding labor inducers until 38 weeks.

What is left on your to do list: Hospital bag packing and nursery finishing.  However if they don’t get completed I still know that he’ll have generally everything he needs so I’m not letting it stress me.

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Yes but not sharing with family and friends until he arrives.  People are way too opinionated.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc): DH will take about a week off.  My mom is also hoping to come up for a week or so but she has had health issues and we need to work around them (nothing that would put the baby in danger though).

Post # 11
881 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi everyone, hope the ladies not on the fb group are doing well!

Roll Call:

Due DateJanuary 21st, 2014

Gender (if known): Girl!

Do you have an induction or C-section planned? If so, when? Nothing yet, I’m still early though.

Stretch marks? I had them from puberty so I expected to get a ton.  They have just started to appear but so far I only have a couple tiny spots on each hip and a few on my boobs.  Not bad.  

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: The nursery is pretty much complete.  I still need to organize some of the practical items like diaper cream, wipes, etc.

What are you currently researching: Mostly breastfeeding also newborn care.

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: I love feeling her move and when she gets the hiccups.  I can’t wait to see what hse looks like for the first time and hold her!

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: Heartburn really sucks, I keep gum with me at all times.  Bending over is also getting very difficult and wrapping Christmas presents this year took way longer than usual because I couldn’t even bend over far enough to cut the wrapping paper!

Any signs of labour: Not that I’m aware of.  My doctor hasn’t checked for dilation yet so I have no clue about that but my guess is nothing yet.  I have had some light cramping every once in awhile that started a couple weeks ago.  That’s it though.  I’ve been convinced since the beginning of pregancy I’d deliver late so this is not surprising to me at all.  

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): Nothing yet but I may start after 37 weeks.  I kind of want to try the tea and I should be doing kegals and squats but I’m not good at actually remembering.

What is left on your to do list: It’s still pretty long!  We need to install the carseat which we will do after the holidays, pack hospital bags, print birth plan, sumbit my maternity leave forms, make our freezer meals, and set up some of the things we don’t have yet that I believe my MIL bought us for Christmas.  Not to mention I have a knitting project I’m hoping to start after Christmas!

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Yes but we aren’t announcing til she’s born.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc): DH gets 2 weeks paternity leave, and he is taking 2 weeks of vacation as well.  Plus, he works from home so even when he goes back to work he will be around to help as long as he isn’t on a conference call.  My parents will come visit when the baby is born and they live out of state so they will be staying with us for a bit. 

Post # 12
26 posts
Newbee

Hi Bees! It’s great to hear about everyone’s experiences as we hit the home stretch! I have not been actively posting due to a crazy schedule in med school but I have been lurking and reading about my fellow January bees.

Roll Call:

Due Date: January 3rd, 2014

Gender (if known): Team Blue

Stretch marks? Yup. I was stretch-mark free until 37 weeks, and then I think my skin gave up the battle when the baby dropped rapidly. I got them around my belly button and lower belly. It was upsetting for a day, but then I was like, oh whatever, life is going to change in so many ways that this is not very important. The skin around them is super sensitive and itchy, though!

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: More or less, the nursery/guest bedroom is set up and we can’t think of anything more to buy. We’re waiting for Christmas to see if anyone buys us a stroller or monitor before making those big purchases.

What are you currently researching: Sweeping of membranes…I have the option to have them swept at 39 weeks (this Thursday, WHOA!) and I haven’t decided whether I want to get things going.

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: I’m actually feeling better now than a few weeks ago. I’ve started sleeping better, I’m done with school so on maternity leave, and other than being waddly and itchy feel pretty much like myself.

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: My belly skin hurts to touch where it is stretching rapidly! I look like I have a watermelon under my shirt, super pointy.

Any signs of labour: Lots of Braxton-Hicks and evening cramping–it feels like I’m going to get my period, so weird.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): Um, I alternate between wanting baby NOW and wanting baby to stay away, so I will sometimes have RRLT, but sometimes avoid it. Lots of walks.

What is left on your to do list: Lots of small stuff, like cleaning our apartment, making and freezing meals, making a playlist for labor.

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Yup!

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc): My husband will take two weeks off from work. We’ll play it by ear in terms of how much help we want and will get from my parents and his parents.

Post # 13
4526 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

May mama here just popping in to congratulate all the new mamas!!! 

Post # 14
292 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Roll Call:

Due Date: January 1, 2014

Gender (if known): Boy!

Stretch marks?  Just a few around my belly button, like rings on a tree.

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: Pretty much!  Some stuff is still in boxes, waiting to get set up (pack and play, monitor, breast pump), but otherwise, car seat is in, bags are packed, cloth diapers are clean (disposables waiting on deck). it’s okay to come now, baby!

What are you currently researching: Early signs of labor, mostly. I wasn’t feeling great the other night, wondered if it was early labor, but nope–I just ate too much guacamole. 🙂

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: I do love feeling the baby moving all around in there and knowing he’s getting big and strong and healthy in there. I also am starting to enjoy using pregnancy as an excuse to get out of meetings, carrying things, etc. But I’m also looking forward to having my body back and working on getting back in shape (i went from pretty active to inactive over the past year, no good!).

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: Bending over to put on shoes/socks or water our Christmas tree. Reflux has been a bitch!

Any signs of labour: I thought I was feeling something last night–lots of movement pretty low, stomachache, etc. But that’s just the aforementioned guacamole. Though today I’m having a slight crampy feeling here and there. Probably nothing. Last time I got checked, nothing was effaced or dilated or even heading down into birthing range. BH all the time, but that’s been for a while now (weeks).

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): Not enough! I should be doing deep squats and drinking the RRL tea. I bought EPO and have eaten some pineapple. But I figure I don’t have a TON of say in what actually happens!

What is left on your to do list: Just enjoy the downtime as much as I can before he comes. Watch Christmas movies. Clean my closet. Stuff like that.

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Yep, he’s got a name all ready and waiting! Not sharing til his birthday, though. 🙂

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc): My husband only gets a week off, so after that, I’m on my own. My stepmom may come by sometimes, and my MIL has offered to come help (but she’d be staying with us, too, and that’s too much for me at first.)

Most Recent Bump Photo: Nothing recent, and not really sharing ’em. Too self-conscious! (I’ll probably regret not having taken more!)

Good luck, ladies!!

Post # 15
329 posts
Helper bee

@ScottishMrs: thanks for the new thread and roll call! Congratulations to all the beautiful mamas and little ones! What an exciting time 😀

Roll Call:

Due Date: january 23, 2014

Gender (if known): girl

Do you have an induction or C-section planned? If so, when? Nothing yet! Still have some time to figure it out.

Stretch marks? I’m sure I have them but I honestly haven’t been paying attention. 

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: not quite. need to wash clothes and buy a few more items.

What are you currently researching: I’ve been reading about what to expect in the first weeks after she arrives.

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: love feeling her kicks and moving around. i’m looking forward to meeting her finally!! 

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: right now, i have a terrible cold, so it’s really hard for me not to feel gross and yucky.

Any signs of labour: just BH contractions, nothing else.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): I’ve been drinking RRLT, but keep forgetting to up the dosage!

What is left on your to do list: sterilize bottles, get hospital bag ready.

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): yes! it’s a secret though.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc): yes, my mom will be around to help. thank goodness!

Post # 16
8821 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Roll Call:

Due Date January 12th 2014

Gender (if known): Girl

Do you have an induction or C-section planned? If so, when? Nothing planned. Baby is big and measuring ahead, I have had a strong feeling all along she will come early. (Anytime AFTER Christmas Day please little one!)

Stretch marks? I had tons before, even more now. Oh well.

Is everything ready for baby’s arrival: Very ready, just want to get past Christmas!

What are you currently researching: Nothing.

What are you loving about pregnancy right now? And what are you most looking forward to: I am still loving the movement, she likes to stick her foot out. You can’t see an outline or anything but I can sure feel that it’s a foot.

What is the hardest part of pregnancy right now: I am SO uncomfortable and sore. My back is aching all the time. But most of all I am sick and tired of getting up every 2 hours to pee through the night.

Any signs of labour: Lost some mucus plug 3 weeks ago but it reformed I think. Nothing else.

What are you doing to prepare for labor (EPO, RRLT, exercise ball, stretches, etc): Sexy times! Oh and occasionally the ball.

What is left on your to do list: Nadda!

Have you fully decided on a name yet for LO (and share, if you’re willing!): Quinn 🙂

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL, etc): DH is taking a couple weeks off. My mom is not working right now and I know she will be itching to get over here and help.

Most Recent Bump Photo:

37 weeks yesterday. I feel huge! I think I would look even more huge if it weren’t for the giant tatas (which for the record have not grown this pregnancy).

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors