1220 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I’m on the 8th.  Close enough?

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2010

You’re my wedding twin!! 😀  How is your planning coming along?

We are getting so close!! Heres what I have so far! I want to know all about yours too! 

We have a tiny budget, under $6K for the entire thing (I did say tiny right) 

It will be a small, intimate wedding, with just about 75 guests. Ceremony will be at a modest church in our home town. Reception at a restaurant overlooking the harbor at the beach….nice upstairs room with big windows. 

Colors are Bright Royal blue, light blue, fuschia and light pink. 🙂

I am an artist too, so I looove color! There will be splashes of spring green here and there too.  I couldn’t just go with traditional winter colors (thought blue is kinda wintery)

My dress is romantic off-white lace gown, with pearl and sequin embellishments. (found it half off at Davids Bridal-wonderful experience)  My mom is hand-making my veil. Great Keepsake and saves so much money!

Two bridesmaids will be in bright royal blue, and two will be in Blue Flower patterned dresses -all from Davids bridal. more color! wasn’t satisfied with one color (call me crazy but I love it)

Groom in classic black suit with Green vest & Tie (or light blue)

Groomsmen in black suit with bright blue vests. We have a woman as a “grooms person” close friend of my fiance. Considering sneakers for the guys- as u can see, we aren’t the most traditional couple, and want that to come through with fun details!

Flowers will be Fuschia, light pink, and green. Not seen any blue flowers that really “do it” for me. Gathering quotes for flowers now- im in Sticker shock!!Don’t know what to do just yet- whatever is reasonable DIY.

Also will be decorating the reception with light pink, fuschia and green paper lanterns. Hopefully will work in one or two of my flower paintings as decoration somewhere. Want to use crayons, or colored pencils along with pens at the guest book- My friend is an amazing art journaler, so I am thinking of adding to the guest book some pictures and questions (“what makes a good marriage”) and inviting guests to scribble and play.

Doing all the stationery myself (im a graphic designer too) My family is part Japanese, so I incorporated origami in the stationery. Also got blue & white japanese ceramic tea cups for favors, which we will fill with candy. Looking for ways to incorporate Origami Cranes in the wedding. 1001 for good luck! (bettered start folding now!) Suggestions?

Simple cake with white or pink gum flowers from our local bakery.

Im in California, weather will be cold in January, possibly rainy. So I have gotten pink and green unbrellas for the wedding party, just in case.

You could say its a Spring wedding in the winter 😉  

Can’t wait to hear more about your wedding! Definitely love to bounce around ideas!

The topic ‘January 9, 2010?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors