Post # 1
January brides… Now that we’re down to just under 6 months until the big day, what things are you working on getting accomplished these days? These next couple weeks I’m going into full wedding mode…. meeting with the photographer, ordering invitations, picking flower girl dresses, meeting with officient, looking at/ordering our cake and cupcakes, finishing up our registry, and yesterday I found my guest book! Plus who knows what else in there! I’m so excited!!
Post # 3
Right now we’re trying to finalize the invitations we believe we want, looking at bridesmaid dresses, figuring out centerpieces by just trying a bunch of different random things, figuring out the whole wedding video situation, and hopefully soon meeting with the cake baker. And hopefully much more since everyday I feel the pressure more and more to get things done!
Post # 4
It’s crazy how fast time is creeping up, before we know it it’ll be January!!
Post # 5
-trying to find flowergirl/ring bearer attire
-wedding night funness (we are having a luncheon,s o no reception…we are taking anyone who wants clubbing that night)
-sending out STD’s
Post # 6
meet with officiant and get that all booked
no later than end of september have invites ordered
get FI’s ring resized*he’s wearing his dad’s*
meet with photographers to find the one I want to use
have my bridesmaids order their dresses
finalize music list
make direction cards to the church
Post # 7
Moving, finsihing strassing my wedding shoes by next week (taking my bridal pictures), selecting invites.
Post # 8
Right now, I am trying to find another venue. The venue we chose foreclosed! 🙁 🙁 It is becoming stressful. Other than the venue, I got bridemaid dresses, flower girl dress, my dress, shoes, and STD cards.
Post # 9
@Applestar13: I’m sorry that happened. Good luck with finding another venue.
Post # 10
finalizing the florist and the cake baker. then i’m going to look into transportation and printing invites. oh and finish the registry. everything else i’ve gotten pretty much done. 🙂
Post # 11
No kidding how the date creeps up! I’ve been enjoying the leisurely browsing for the last few months; better get serious about invitations now!
We still need to book an officiant, find bm dress, order invitations, decide on decor, find my jewellery and hair stuff, buy shoes.
Post # 12
@Applestar13: oh no!!! i hope you find a new (better!) venue soon. My first venue also foreclosed so I know it can be a real hassle – but you’ll find that your plan B should have been plan A all along!!
FI and I are off for the next few days so we are going to call and/or set up appointments with:
- Invitation lady
- some judges (hopefully one is a romantic and wants to officiate a wedding!!)
- ultimatum my parents into giving us their final guest list – or I’m going to become a bridezilla (I’ve been watching the show for inspiration – just kidding!!!!)
- Find a florist , etc. etc.
- Send out my already designed kick a** STD to aforementioned guest list
Post # 13
We’re about 80 percent done with our planning – I just sent out my save-the-dates this last week and picked up my wedding dress!
During August I am:
- paying deposit on our ceremony musicians
- buying my veil
- nailing down guest transportation to & from reception
After that, all that’s left is florals/decor, deciding on our ceremony music, invitations, tastings for dinner & wine selections and dress fittings. WAHOO!
Post # 14
During August I am:
- Hoping to select a florist or finally settle on DIY
- Booking a videographer
- Signing the contract with the caterer
- Paying the 2nd venue deposit
- Registering (but we might wait until September)
- Shape my curly willow altar
- Print out invites and start assembling
- Finish painting guest book “leaf” print tree.
The list seems never ending!
Post # 15
I still need to book my videographer! I also need to finish unpacking (just moved into our house the other day), pick out wedding invites, and make my guest list stop growing. lol
I will also begin shopping for honeymoon attire.
Post # 16
For August, we are…
– working on our centerpieces
– finishing our wedding intro video
– doing our menu tasting/cake tasting
– picking up the BM dresses
– starting to sew the GM vests
– price shopping for floral vendors
– doing the hair and makeup trial
How did the time start to go by so quickly?!