J.Crew Fall 2013 Wedding Dresses – Advice needed!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I think it is a little more mature than the a-line type dress you describe, but it does look lovely on you! And really, I see it as more of a Katharine Hepburn, womanly type gown, not “mature” as a euphemism for old… What kind of a wedding are you having? This feels very classic and elegant to me. Have you tried on dresses closer to what you originally imaged yourself in? If not, try on some and see if you’re still thinking about this dress! If you have tried things like that on, but this dress speaks to you, then maybe that is your answer.

Post # 4
Hostess
1468 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@kristenjoann:  I agree with the above comment that its not mature per se but classic and unusual. I think we young makeup and hair and fun accessories it definitely wouldn’t look mature. I also think it wouldn’t hurt for you to try other dresses if you were thinking of different shapes just to make sure you are certain this is the dress for you. I think it looks lovely, and in the correct sizing I am sure it will be even better!

Post # 5
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

To me, this feels like an dress you could wear for any event. It is beautiful, you look gorgeous (honestly I think you will be beautiful in everything you have a great shape) but it doesn’t scream bridal to me. If your venue and event is less formal then it might be more appropriate.  I would try on A-line dresses to your hearts content so you know that you saw everything that you were thinking about. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors