Post # 1
Hey fellow wedding bees! I am looking to book a wedding at the Jellyfish this fall and need some good resort recommnedations for a group of 100. I want the resort to have GREAT FOOD, updated, clean, great beach and affording group rates. Looking to do $150/per person per night. Any recs?
Looking at Paradisus Palma Real, Barcelo, Now or Hard Rock.
Post # 2
I am leaving for a friend’s destination wedding in Punta Cana at the end of this week. We are staying at the Dreams Punta Cana all-inclusive. They had a Black Friday special for $99/person per night. I think I was able to get the cost down to about $250 per couple/night via Orbitz prior to seeing the Black Friday special. Hope this helps!
Post # 3
thanks for the reply! Please give a review of the resort when you return:)
how did the bride coordinate the wedding? did she just tell everyone to bpol via orbitz or did she do a group wedding block?
Is her wedding at Dreams?
Post # 4
PhiPhi16: Yes, her wedding is at Dreams. I’m a bridesmaid in the wedding, so I’ll let you know how it goes =) I’ve heard that the food and coordination at Jellyfish is fantastic and much more personalized compared to the resorts!
It turns out that the “group rate” for Dreams ended up being more expensive than the rates provided thru various online portals such as Orbitz, AppleVacations, etc. I was actually the one that found the Orbitz rate- I receive email notifications when they have deals- in this case it was a 20% off when you book 3 nights or more. As far as coordination, the bride left it up to the wedding guests (it’s a much smaller group though, under 30 people). When she found out about the Black Friday deal, she sent all of us an email to notify us. The good thing about Orbitz is that you can cancel your reservation within X amount of days prior to the trip (I forget how many), so I was able to cancel my Orbitz booking and rebook directly w/ Dreams at the BF rate.
Post # 5
PhiPhi16: I’m back from DR! Without getting too much into the nitty gritty, here are a few highlights of Dreams:
– Beautiful water. Resort is located far from others, so very remote and not too busy. Great lazy river-ish pool (it’s not an actual lazy river though)
– Rooms are spacious and well equipped, great service. There are flamingos and peacocks roaming around the resort and little walking paths everywhere, which made the place really feel like our own private paradise
– Pretty spaces for reception/lots of different options for wedding
– Almost everything is a la carte beyond the basic wedding package
– Airport transfers are about $80/pp, round trip. It’s about 45 minutes from the airport.
– Makeup/hair at the salon left a lot to be desired
– The gazebo, if you use it for a ceremony, is pretty cramped. It was also blazing hot at 4:30 PM. They run multiple weddings a day, so you’d better be prepared for many strangers from well-intentioned strangers.
I’ll leave it at that- happy to answer your questions if you have any!
Post # 6
We stayed at Melia Caribe and it was AMAZING. everyone will not stop talking about the food!!!
It is big (there are trams that run) but we found that was a benefit with our group of 80. PM me if you want more info. All our guests LOVED the resort and i haven’t heard a single negative thing yet.
Post # 7
Phiphi16: I just saw your post and was curious as to which resort you have chosen! I’m just starting the DW planning myself and I’m having a tough time choosing a resort as well. We’re planning may 2015 in pc and are considering a lot of the same resorts you were! Hope your wedding planning is going well!
Post # 8
Hello. I am also just starting to plan for the end of this year. Jellyfish is at the top of my list. Can you please email me prices to get an idea? I already e-mailed but they are taking a while to respond. email@example.com Thanks in advance! Any reviews on Barcelo Dominican? Working with a small group (about 20) and budget. Hoping to get the best bang for our small buck =)