(Closed) Jerk uncle is now turning people against FH & me (long)

posted 7 years ago in Relationships
Post # 3
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Ugh. In my opinion there’s always someone in the family who does this. In fact, I would never have guessed it, but I found out from someone that one of my uncles was talking trash about my fiance behind my back. The only thing to do is to do your best to show everyone how happy you two are and to stay positive as much as possible. Eventually they’ll realize they’re being ridiculous, or maybe they won’t, but everyone else will see reason and then their comments will just look foolish.

Post # 4
1962 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

When I read things like this I always think about a particular piece of advice somebody gave me. “As long as you are happy in life people around you will come to accept your decisions over time if they truly love you. The people that love and care about you only want to see you happy and healthy.”

I hope you were able to clarify things with Aunt B. If she is level headed hopefully she will pass some good words about your FH along when people try to gossip with her. It is probably really hard for you to ignore your other Aunt’s comments, but I hope you try to mentally push them aside. So long as you and your FH are happy together and have a healthy relationship that’s all that matters in this argument. With time and a little tending to all of your relationships hopefully your family will be more accepting of your FH. 

Post # 6
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

Aww Jeeze sorry to hear about everything. Very unfair.

Sounds like a pretty toxic environment and situation! Stand up for yourself and your man. Keep your distance and keep making positive changes in your life. As much as we love family they can be a big problem!

Good luck and keep us updated. Your in my thoughts!

The topic ‘Jerk uncle is now turning people against FH & me (long)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors