Jeweler Bees? Help!

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
Member
3614 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

Yes, it can be repaired! 😉  Don’t worrry.  But do not wear it until itis fixed.  Is it made of gold?  I would want to look into why the metal snapped like that…

Post # 5
Member
3614 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

MerryWidow:  🙂  Gloves can do it…  you don’t wear it in chlorine ever do you??

Post # 7
Member
3614 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

Chlorine destroys the alloys in gold, essentially turning it into a honeycomb, so I only asked to make sure that it was just limited to the one prong.  A few times I doubt it is that and more than likely it just got caught on your glove.  🙂  I am sure your jeweler will be able to rebuild thee prong for not too much money.

Leave a comment


Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors