- 3 years ago
- Wedding: August 2015
I know its not wedding related, but I thought maybe you guys could help? (If I’m not allowed threads like this I’ll remove it.. just tell me)
Hi guys, quick question – my cousin is turning 16. Coincidentally, her birthday is also in May. I don’t know what to get her since it is quite a ‘big’ birthday, and I’d love to get her something that she can keep for a long time… so I was thinking jewellery. With a budget of around £100-150
A bit about my cousin:
-She likes simple, classic/timeless jewellery, like solitaire rings etc.
-She has a thin but long ring finger, around I-J depending on weather.
-She plays a lot of sports, and skateboards, she prefers jeans to dresses, and is definitely more of a tomboy than a girly girl, so she hates flashy, chunky jewellery.
-The only jewellery that she wears is a Claddagh ‘purity ring’ she asked for for Christmas and a watch. She doesn’t take the claddagh ring off, ever ._. Sometimes she would wear a swarovski pendant/a jade pendant/locket for special occasions, or a thin bracelet/bangle for parties etc.
-Once I subtly asked her for her preference in jewellery, and she answered 1. rings 2. bracelets 3. necklaces. reasoning is that rings seldomly get in the way, and you dont have to take it off.
-Her birthstone is Emerald or basically anything green. (some traditions say that its sapphire, which is nice too.) Her parents/my aunt+uncle has March and June as birth months, so pearl/alexandrite+aquamarine.
I’m sorry for how long it is, but I want to get the perfect gift for my cousin c:
1) Ring, necklace or bracelet?
2) What stone? Just post random images of pretty/suitable stones please 🙂
3) If I get her a diamond ring, is it okay to go the stimulated diamond way?
4) What metal for everyday wear?
5) What do I do about her small finger size? Does anyone know an UK retailer that sells rings in this size? under £150 please:) (this is what I can afford :<) Or even a website that ships to the UK; I have no idea about customs though, is it 20% more?
6) If I get the jewellery piece and I engrave it, what are some good messages to put? I thought about her initials and birthday, but do I put xx/xx/98 (birth year) or xx/xx/14 (year received)?
7) Any other long lasting, suitable presents for a 16th birthday?
8) If you took this long to read it, you are awesome, have a cookie 🙂 Thank you so much for any suggestions