(Closed) Jim Hjelm 8250 info!? helppp

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
46132 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Try looking on the pre-owned wedding dress sites.The ads usually list the original price.

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I tried this dress on yestserday at Isabella Bridal in North Van.  They just got it in.  It’s 4500.

It’s brand new so I don’t know if you could find it used!  Super excited! It’s “the” dress ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

That’s a beautiful dress!

I almost bought a Jim Hjelm dress 13 years ago (gasp!) for my own wedding and he was much lower in price back then; I want to say most of his dresses were under $2K (at least the dress I wish I would have gotten was).  I wonder if that would translate to $4K today with inflation.

Post # 8
1748 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Wow. I don’t care for beadng, but that is a gorgeous gown!! I bet the beading is what jacked the price up because I wanted one of their gowns that was like $2100 and had zero beading.

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee

Hi All… It’s 3,995!  I love it, and actually just ordered it over the weekend.  The price was quite a stretch for me, but it was THE absoulte perfect dress!  Hope you have as much luck with it as I did ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
350 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

just tried this on and bought it today! $3,990 is what i paid

its stunning in person

Post # 13
350 posts
Helper bee

yay mine came in. anyone elses?

Post # 14
4 posts
Wannabee
Post # 15
4 posts
Wannabee

@laurelewrigley:

Hi All, so sorry for the silence… I never log in ๐Ÿ™  I did get my dress!  I was a little dissapointed at first, because it was way too big, but after some pinning here and there I felt better… I go back at the end of July. 

How’s your dress look???

Post # 16
350 posts
Helper bee

@SarahGuidi:  haha Sarah mine came in awhile ago and it is 3 sizes too big. I had the same reaction. I posted all the horrible pictures in my other post! I really hope that once it fits I will feel beautiful. It’s hard because those box pleats don’t “pin” correctly so I just can’t get a good feel for what it will look like.

Do you have pics?

I got my headpiece and veil in last night. Worried the veil is a little too ivory

Post # 17
4 posts
Wannabee

@laurelewrigley:  I actually ordered a smaller size in the top and a larger size in the bottom, and the top was still a thousand times too big!  I had seen it in May and decided not to start fittings at that point, but when I went into the salon on the 25th (the same you bought your dress from), I worked with a seamstress who made me feel much better.  I go back July 20th… I didn’t take any photos ๐Ÿ™ …

I had wanted a BHLDN veil, but it was just too much $$, so I had someone on etsy make essentially the same thing for more than half the cost.  It’s oval, just barely skims my ankles, and is super sheer and simple.

I really, really think it will all work out once its tailored.  Let me know updates!

The topic ‘Jim Hjelm 8250 info!? helppp’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors