(Closed) Jim Hjelm JH5830

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

The ivory might look white.  Did they have any Jim Hjelm dresses in ivory so you could see the color?  I’ve found that alot of ivory dresses look white on their own unless you hold them up to a bright white fabric.

Post # 4
2373 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

Ivory. I hate when white/ivory is mixed. It’s sort of like black and brown accessories- but I’m slowly getting over that hang up.

Post # 5
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I would ask to see a dress or get a swatch of the ivory fabric…there are many different levels of ivory.  My dress is a very light ivory(most i’ve shown it to think it’s white), and some have a lot of the yellow tint to them.  I would ask to see before ordering, unless it doesn’t really bother you.  It is a very pretty dress, I hope it works out for you!

Post # 6
1230 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

I would ask to get  a fabric sample.  When i bought my JIm Hjelm wedding gown i tried on the sample in color: Blush.   But I ordered “Diamond White”.  The store had a big book/file with all the Jim Hjelm color swatches and even gave me a piece in my gown color to match my other accessories to.

Regarding the satin (white v. ivory)  – if it is real silk satin (which it probably is since that’s what Jim Hjelm uses) the whitest it will be is a  natural “silk” white – which is never a stark/fake white.  It is a very soft, natural white look.  My wedding gown came in “diamond white” and “Ivory” – the diamond white is the natural silk satin white color – but it definitely is more ivory.  The “ivory” looked a lot more yellow to me…

Good Luck – I think this dress will be beautiful no matter what you choose!

Post # 7
2342 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I LOVE JIM HJELM!!  My dress is Jim Hjelm in ivory!  Here’s the link if you want to see the color: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/my-dress-arrived  It really is a pretty color.  I choose this over white just cause of my skin tone!  I also tried on a couple of Jim Hjelm lace wedding dresses because I orignally wanted lace, they were beautiful too, but not my style! Did you try the dress on already?

Post # 8
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Is this it?

Post # 9
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m wearing the ivory one as my wedding dress. I didn’t have the option of ivory lace over white satin when I placed my order…I don’t think it would look right. Also, 5830 doesn’t come with a train so I ordered it with the extra length and had a mini train created out of that.

[attachment=690444,89652] [attachment=690444,89653]

The topic ‘Jim Hjelm JH5830’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors