(Closed) Jon & Kate Spoiler

posted 9 years ago in Relationships
Post # 3
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I’m not sure that’s so much of a spolier, considering anyone might have guessed this given the recent news that Jon is apartment shopping at one of the Trump complexes in NY and they were announcing "big news" on the episode…

I do feel bad for them, though I’m not a fan of the show. Those poor kids!

Post # 4
127 posts
Blushing bee

Oh my! I heard that rumor but thanks for confirming it, mrsbee!

I am broken hearted for those poor children. Please send prayers their way!

Post # 5
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

Those poor kids. 🙁 Happy, divorced parents are far superior to unhappy, married parents (in my opinion), but there’s no guarantee they will be happy divorced, and this has got to be incredibly hard on such a large family becoming separated.

Post # 6
652 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

i am waiting to see what happens on the show but does anyone else maybe think this is just a tactic they are using to increase their ratings since it has signficantly declined? i would hope not but you really can’t put it pass reality stars nowadays

Post # 7
2765 posts
Sugar bee

@msduck – I can’t see them doing this for ratings… unless they rename the show, "Jon & Kate plus Hate".

Post # 8
652 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@mrbee – yah i would hope not, that would be totally exploiting the situation and their children for sure, but lol to your title

Post # 9
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

i guess it was inevitable, but it does make me sad. maybe because i decided to watch the show and follow the headlines and feel much too close to this painful situation. perhaps i should have stayed away.

Post # 10
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009 - Bernardo Winery

I had a feeling that was going to happen, although I was really hoping they would work it out 🙁

Post # 11
773 posts
Busy bee

I don’t know…. the timing on this big news from People is just a little *too* perfect.  Jon and Kate aren’t stupid, and they’ve been in the spotlight long enough to know how the tabloids work.  I have a really hard time believing that they would file papers on the day that the show was supposed to air.  I’ll believe it when I see the show.

Post # 12
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018 - The Desmond Hotel in Malvern, PA

I’m sad for the kids, although not surprised after hearing that they’d have an "announcement" on tonight’s show. I don’t think it’s a publicity stunt, but I think the timing was probably carefully calculated to coincide with their show’s schedule.

Although I agree that divorced and happy parents are better than married and unhappy parents (as a child of divorced parents), I think it sucks that Jon is planning to move to NYC. That’s a few hours hike from where they live in PA, which means he won’t be seeing the kids regularly. I wish he’d at least get a place closer to them. But I guess he thinks he can be more "invisible" in NYC where "celebrities" can usually go about their daily lives. *Sigh*

Post # 13
2765 posts
Sugar bee

I think it will be good for Jon to get away from a bit, and re-establish his identity and self-esteem.  Once he’s centered himself, I hope he comes back and plays a major part in his kids’ life.

From what I’ve been able to tell about him, he really does love the kids and wants what is best for them.  But I’ve only seen a few episodes, so I could be wrong on this one…

Post # 14
796 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I had my fingers crossed that the "big news" was that they were quitting the show to focus on their family. But it sounds like it is very official that they are splitting up. I worry about the kids, too, because I don’t see how this can be a easy/peaceful custody arrangement – because of the sheer amount of kids they are going to have to negotiate every detail.

Like Mrs. Cupcake, I know from experience if your parents are unhappy together it is easier on everyone if they live in separate houses. But, my dad never lived more than 20 mins. away. I don’t know how involved John can be in their lives living so far away.

Post # 15
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m not surprised, and I don’t feel bad for them — having eight children and putting your lives on television is asking for negative attention.  Kate is a total bitch, and I’m actually happy for Jon that he’s getting out of the relationship (but, to be fair, he should have stood up for himself better, rather than just letting her treat him like a child in front of a national audience).

I *do* feel really badly for the children.  They are old enough to realize that their parents are not getting along, but maybe not old enough to understand what divorce is and how it works. 

What they should really be doing is ending the show.  This is going to be a difficult experience for the two of them, and probably traumatic to the children, and they should not broadcast that to the public.

Post # 16
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

Divorce is sad and unfair and terrible for everyone involved, period.  And its for the best most times. 

But what disgusts me is that obviously the couple had an inkling this was going to happen and went on with the season anyways… just for more more fame, $, and notoriety.  TLC is just as to blame pulling a stunt just for ratings.

The topic ‘Jon & Kate Spoiler’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors