Post # 1
Just wanted to check in with my fellow July 17th girls and see how things are going for you guys!
I am happy to be at the point where all the major elements are in place – even if I don’t do anything else the wedding will happen – everything that is left will fall into place!
Things I am happy to have behind me now:
- Finding wedding day shoes (I am way too picky)
- Finding bridesmaids shoes and jewellery
- Finding ivory shirts for the boys (that was way harder than it should have been)
- Started my wishing trees/ceremony arbour (I was dreading that DIY)
I have a few things left on the list:
- Pick a MC and get things organized with them
- Finalize who wants to do speeches
- Write me and FH’s thank-you speech
- Confirm our reader (she was nervous about it)
- Book/get my last hair colouring
- Hair and makeup trial
- Wrap up the BM/GM gifts
- Finish, print, and assemble programs
- Pick up some more votives and candles for lanterns (somehow I bought too few?)
- Break in my wedding shoes, and buy shoe clips/pins to bling them up a bit
- Second and final dress fittings
- Fine tune my wish tree
- Pick between our 3 possible first dance songs
- Finish the must play/do not play lists
Post # 3
I was JUST coming on to make this post!
I’m feeling pretty good about my To Do list too.
Things I am happy to have behind me now:
- Engagement pics (just did them last Sunday)
- Picked up the wedding license
- Booked the honeymoon (going to Vegas on July 19th-23rd)
- Burnt the CD of ceremony music
- Sent final cheques to DJ and Cake lady. Only things left to pay are the photographer and venue
- Bought TY cards so I have them ready when we get back from Vegas
Things left to do:
- Hair trial this Friday
- Food tasting next Tuesday
- Dressing fittings. Next one is June 25th. Then I should only have 1 more after that
- Buy the “Thank You” sign to hold in pictures for TY cards
- Make a CD with “elevator” type music in case there is a delay before the ceremony
- Bathroom baskets
- Print Programs (doing this at work)
- Finish making the BM’s gifts (can’t do this until after the shower and stagette because I’m using pictures from them)
- Meet with our officiant on July 6th to go over last minute stuff
- Seating chart
I’m feeling pretty good now. The stuff I have left to do shouldnt take me too long. We have 90% of our RSVP cards in. We have 98 confirmed guests out of 126. Only 7 have said “decline”.
Can’t believe we’re 1 month out!!!
Post # 4
It is pretty crazy! I spent last night cutting and singeing fabric to make more flowers for my wish trees … Our friend/DJ reminded me he wants our song list on facebook today – so we have to get on that. We also have to send out 2 last minute add-on invites (thanks FMIL) tonight.
I might be crazy, but I booked the hair/makeup trial for the 14th (3 days before the wedding) – hopefully it works out well!
I am actually surprised at how relaxed I am about things – sure we don’t have an MC at this point, but we will work something out! I am actually working the 12th and 13th – so hopefully I stay relaxed until then!
Post # 5
I’m totally with Ms.Mini, it feels great that even if I do the bare minimum from here on out, the wedding is going to happen. Kind of comforting.
Post # 6
Agreed. A few weeks ago I was panicking because my To Do list was HUGE. But a lot has been done so I feel much better!
We just sent our DJ the list of songs last week. Apparently we have to talk to him on the phone 2 weeks before, just to go over details.
That is cutting it close for hair/makeup trial but at least no one will forget what you want! We did our makeup trial in April and then my hair trial is on Friday. IF I decide I need another trial, I’ll have to find a day to book it.
My shower is this Saturday and my bachelorette party is next Friday.
How busy is everyone the week of the wedding?
Sunday July 11th I have a hair appointment to get highlights
Monday July 12th I’m getting my eyebrows waxed
Wednesday – Give final #’s to the venue and pay for the room and meals
Thursday – Off work! I have a nail appointment and pedicure. That evening we’re spending with our MC to go over last minute details (she lives in Victoria, BC and flying in that afternoon)
Friday – Off work! Anytime after lunch we can go look at the flowers to make sure everything is good. Then decorate the ballroom from 3:00 to 5:00. Rehearsal at 5:00. Dinner at 6:00.
Post # 7
Uhg – where I live has had a huge downpouring of rain, and there is a lot of flooding going on – I just found out that the campground where a bunch of our guests were going to stay is under water – they are not sure when it will be back in operation (hopefully all those guests can make other arrangements) – other crappy news: we are having our wedding at a golf course – 25% of it is under water! The clubhouse is up on a hill so it should be fine, but we were going to do our family pics on the course and now we aren’t sure if we can do that! Not to mention one of my favourite photo locations for our formal pics pre-ceremony is also in danger of being flooded!
Post # 8
Oh no!! I was wondering if you guys were getting the flooding now. It’s all over the news here (Calgary). Hopefully they get some of it cleaned up before your wedding.
Post # 9
It is actually pretty bad in our city overall … my house is really high up in the city, so we are fine, no moisture seeping in, but several co-workers have flooded basements, and like I said, the golf course is partially flooded (I am going to drive up there to take a look around today) as well as a lot of areas around the city … I have been working nights all weekend so I haven’t gone around to check out things (I have been getting my info from co-workers and websites). There is still 3 1/2 weeks, so hopefully they get things cleaned up!
On the bright side everything will be really green and lush for our pictures!
Post # 10
@Ms Mini: True about everything being lush and green 🙂
18 days to go!!