Post # 1
OK, here’s my list:
Venue & Catering – booked
Officiant – booked
AND THAT’s IT!!!
I figure photographer and dress are the next most important and to perhaps book/find a salon for that day. I’m feeling very behind…
Post # 3
So far I have :
*Venue booked – This includes all food, alcohol, and the Wedding Cake since the Venue is a Catering place
*Reception site booked- This is the same place as the venue but outside on the Bay
*Photographer booked – very expensive for pictures
*Videographer booked – Same company as photographer for package deal
* Guest list made
* Colors chosen ( light blue and light purple)
* Theme chosen (beach/seashells)
* Bridesmaids dresses picked out but not ordered yet
* Save the dates sent out thru e-mail and facebook
* Made an appointment to look at dresses in NY around Thanksgiving Time
My parents are pretty much doing the work since it is in NY and I am in Florida.
This week they are looking into flower places and DJs
I am going to make an appointment this month to look at wedding gowns in Florida to get an idea of size and style for when i look in NY
Post # 4
wow lisamr! You have a ton done! Yesterday I just went on a shopping spree for a lot of the decor.
Here;s my list:
- Church booked
- *Looking into soloist for ceremony music
- Venue booked
- Caterer booked
- DJ booked
- Photographer and videographer booked
- Colors decided (cornflower blue and yellows)
- Theme decided (I like to call it rustic elegance)
- Polaroid camera and film purchased for DIY photobooth
- Bridal Party figured out ( We decided to only have my sister and his best friend to keep it simple)
- All gifts figured out (MOH, BM, Parents)
- Most decor picked out (mason jars, hankies, paper lanterns, chalkboards)
- Favors decided (my grandpa is a beekeeper and is doing honey for us, placecards are going to be honey dippers with each persons name attached)
- Groom’s entire outfit (except socks and suspenders ordered)
- MOH dress semi-picked out
- I found a dress I like, but am waiting to try some on since I am in Maine and my fam is in NY
Wow, that really helps to write it all out so you know what you really have done!
Who else is a July 2011 bride and what do you have left to do?
Post # 5
Hmmm…I feel like ive done alot…let me think:
- reception venue booked
- ceremony venue booked
- caterer booked
- menu 3/4 planned (missing 2 dishes!)
- Candy buffet vases bought
- Photographer booked
- guest list made
- save the dates made and sent
- bridal party asked and confirmed
- colors picked (magenta/apple green)
- salt and pepper shakers bought
- decided on centerpieces
- bought products for table numbers
- almost done with tissue poms for ceremony
- officiant picked
- menswear picked
- BMs and MOH gowns 88% picked
I feel like im missing SO much, but thats it for now!
Post # 6
OK CLEARLY i was right….i better get a move on…
@Peaches1038 – how many guests are you inviting? I’m hoping to only have one each in our bridal party too – solves a lot of potential problems…
Post # 7
opps this is july not june!
Post # 8
@babybluz: We are inviting 150, but will probably end up with more like 120. It saves sooooo many headaches to just have one. No complaining over dresses since I’m havin gmy sister pick out whatever she wants, so much cheaper, no drama over who’s in or out. It has been really nice to just have my sister, we have both been enjoying the planning and I think it shows her how special and important she is to me that I only want to have her up there with me. How many people are you having?
Post # 9
Engagement photos: Booked (on October 17th!)
Musicians: Booked! (easy, im a musician!:))
Invitations: Picked out but haven’t ordered yet
Ring: (i’ve picked my ring! just saving up for it!)
Dress: Chosen and ordered! Will be here this month!
Bridesmaid Dreses: Chosen, going to order soon!
Color scheme: Picked!
Decorations: Bought! got great deals from Michaels!
Officant: Almost booked! Waiting for confirmation!
Guest List: Written and we have 60 people!
Bride/Groom Parties: Chosen and contacted!
Shoes, attire for bride: bought!
Post # 10
I felt like I had so much done until I read everything that you girls have gotten done. So far I have:
my dress ordered and deposit paid
bridesmaid dresses ordered
colours picked (eggplant, ivory and green)
wedding party asked and confirmed
Guest list done
engagement photos taken and received
I think that’s all for now! We are deciding whether or not we want a videographer and we need to find someone to do the cake. My sister is doing our invitations and other things that require calligraphy (she’s an artist).
I hope it comes fast!
Post # 11
Really good to read these & remember what else we need to do! 🙂 Time seems to be going unbelievably quickly! So far we have sorted the following:
- Church booked
- Reception venue booked
- Accomodation arranged for bridal party & parents
- Menus chosen
- Dress ordered – still to be fitted
- Photographer booked
- Florist booked
- Guest list roughly finalised
- Bridesmaid dress shopping planned at least!
- Invites designed, still to be made
- Band booked
Heavens, I thought we had loads done and I read this & there is still loads more to do!! Ah…
Post # 12
OK OK…after looking at some peoples lists i still feel screwed but realized we had done a little bit more then i had thought:
- Venue – booked and deposit paid
- Ceremony location – booked
- Officiant – booked
- Food/Beverage – selected
- Photographer – contacted
- Invitations – might have a friend hook-up, so will wait
- Guest List – roughly finalized – looking at a max of 120 people
- Bridal Party – we know our BM & MOH, not sure about others yet
- TONS of ideas for favors, centerpieces, decoration, but nothing purchased
This week i’m hoping to:
- finalize the photographer
- talk FI into getting a DJ and not having his friend do it :/
- talk ‘wedding’ with my MOH over the Thanksgiving long weekend
Post # 13
Crossing two things off the list–I officially have bridesmaids AND I finally finally bit the bullet and bought a dress! woohoo! It feels so good to be done with it, after trying on about fifty dresses.
@babybluz: You’re not screwed, the list of things you’ve done is long! Sounds like you’re on point.
Post # 14
So far I have …
- Booked the venue
- Booked the church- started marriage prep
- Finalized our guest list
- Picked our bridal party
- Hired a photographer
- Hired a DOC
- Taken engagement pics
- Built our wedding web site
- Blocked hotel rooms
- Sent out STDs
- Bought my dress 🙂
- Booked the baker for the cake/dessert table
- Made an appointment to meet with a florist
- Bought flip flops for basket
- Collected mason jars for centerpieces
- Catering quotes- just need to pick
- Linen quotes
It makes me feel better to see all I’ve accomplished instead of just thinking about everything that still needs to be done.
Post # 15
I did a lot fast and have slowed down lately. However, this thread is making me feel like it is time to start up again! So far we have…
- colors (yellow accented with pink and orange)
- guest list (always changing though!)
- church/officiant booked
- reception/caterer booked
- photographer booked
- engagement pics (just started receiving teasers!)
- DJ booked
- block of hotel rooms reserved
- bought my dress!
- bought jars for candy bar
- bought flip-flops for reception basket
- asked bridal party
This week I want to:
- WEDDING WEBSITE. I have been avoiding this.
- make appt. to meet with florist and caterer
Thanks ladies for making me feel the pressure and getting my booty in gear!
Post # 16
…. and by make appt to meet with the florist and caterer, I meant the florist and BAKER. already have caterer done, opps. : )