(Closed) July 2011 Brides!

posted 8 years ago in July 2011
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My colours are Fuschia and sage….

Im looking at tiger lilies as my fower since they have the fuschia and are gorgeous.

Im getting really excited planning it out and even thugh it still seems so far away it will come FAST. On NEw Year i was just excited to offically be able to say im getting married “next year”…hahaha

Good luck with all the planning and congrats 🙂

Post # 4
138 posts
Blushing bee

I am glad to see that even though our wedding isn’t for another 18 months that wedding planning has been started for all of us July 2011 brides!!!  I love to get a head start on things and especially get ideas for what we invision our wedding looking like.  Also might I add since we are getting married in my Fi’s homestate of Georgia and we reside currently in IL it makes things a little more tough.  (ie: unable to just drive out and see venues, menu tasting, florists, photographers, etc etc)  With that said I plan on doing a lot of DIY’s.

So far our lists of what we are 100% sure is:

Colors: Fuschia and Apple green

Our budget since we are paying for it ourselves (think its better that way)

Date: July 16, 2011

Late Afternoon ceremony (thinking 5ish)

Would like to keep the guest list to 100-115

Menu will be a southern bbq buffet with all the fixins’

Cupcake tree cake instead of traditional tiered cake…..we will still have a small cake on top that we cut into as a couple though but rahter then sliced cake we will serve cupcakes!

My list of DIY’s to be started once the supplies is bought:

*Save the date cards

*Invites

*Ceremony programs

*All bouquets and bouts

*Centerpieces for reception

*Guest favours

*Part of the bridesmaid and maid of honor gifts (buying wine glasses and painting their initial on the front and adding polka dots plus having our wedding date on bottom)  don’t worry they will be getting more gifts that’s just what I am diy’ing

*Bathroom Baskets

*Cupcake tree stand (ordering from cupcaketree.com comes in plain white and I plan on adding scrapbook paper and flowers in our colors to pretty it up)

Post # 6
Hostess
16217 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Date: July 16, 2011

Colors: Red and Yellow

Wedding is chosen.

Ceremony and reception venues are booked.

Guest list is created (270, eek!).

We’re now looking into photographers.

Post # 7
22 posts
Newbee

This is my first post! I will be getting married July 9th, 2011! We originally wanted to do it this spring/summer, but both my FSIL and my friend are getting married this August, and I’m a bridesmaid in both weddings. No time to plan my own! So, we’re waiting one more year which will allow us to save and plan at a relaxed pace.

I’m thinking about some vibrant summer colors: Orange and Fuschia or Violet and Green

We’ve booked our Venue and pretty much chosen our caterer. Now I’m looking for a photographer. Oh yeah, and trimming our guest list down to a reasonable number!

@Barker86 I’m really impressed by how much you’ve done already. Makes me feel like a slacker Wink

Post # 8
138 posts
Blushing bee

Hapa:  Welcome to the board!!!  Glad you found it I think it will come in handy to have other brides to share the stress and joys of wedding planning who plan to tie the know the same month and year!! 

I really haven’t done much except the basic choosing of our wedding.  I have  a TON to do that I haven’t even begun.  All my DIY projects are planned out with what supplies is needed to buy and what not but nothing is actually STARTED! Ahhh the more I think about I should prolly start buying supplies for them.  I feel like it is so far away so I would hate to start to buy supplies and making plans with venues, photographers, caterers etc.  But on the other hand I would like to know where we are having our wedding and reception so I can start “mapping” out the details.  If only my FI would get on board with that idea…..plus it doesn’t help that we reside in Illinois and we are planning the wedding in my FI’s homestate of Georgia.

Post # 9
627 posts
Busy bee

@Hapa – We are date twins!!

We have been engaged since August 2008 so I have been itching to start planning this thing for a while now! We finally booked the church over the holidays, and right now we are looking at reception venues and photographers. Oh, and I’m going dress shopping on Friday too! We have completed a tentative guest list as well (seeing as things might change in the next 18 months).

Our colours are white, apple green, and bit of black, and I’m thinking of adding some purple or yellow accents. I just want the look to be very crisp and fresh.

Other than that, I have a lot of inspiration for other things (I have a year and a half of ideas under my belt!) so I will probably start working on the details later in the year. We’ll see how it goes!

I’m so excited that it’s finally time to get started though, and even more excited that we finally have our own month board!

Post # 10
Hostess
16217 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Edit to my previous post—I just read it and realized I left out a word:

*Wedding PARTY is chosen.

🙂

Post # 11
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hm…I originally had set a June date and now have to switch it to later, so I’m looking into July.  What made you guys choose July?  I’m just worried it’s going to be very warm and I’ll look shiny in pictures and that people may be taking their holidays in July.  Any concerns when booking your July dates??

@Lorna247 I’m in Montreal too!  Have you booked your venue??

Post # 13
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Im July 1, 2011 and I am going to book my reception and church within the next week or two…the other stuff I will wait til the spring or summer.. I just want to know at least that I have a date and place set!! Im glad to see I am not doing this too early myself! is anyone else getting married on Friday July 1?

Post # 14
81 posts
Worker bee

I’m a July 2011 Bride!!!!!!! Laughing

I chose July 3rd because my Fiance was born on the 7th and me on the 3rd, plus its a long weekend and we Love the 4th of July so our 1st full day of officially being married will be spectacular!

So far I’ve done the following:

Colors- Floral Pink and Sky Blue

Purchased bands

Purchased Dress/Veil

Visted Venue- no commitment yet

I look forward to doing a lot more! Congrats Ladies, We’re getting married next year!

Post # 16
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

How funny how many people have chosen fuschia as one of their colors!  I’ve actually chosen a similar color too–my colors are magenta, slate grey, and a touch of chartreuse for an accent.  I guess the vibrant pink is the perfect color for summer ceremonies 🙂

We’re leaning towards July 24, 2011 as our date (or possibly July 10).  We initially were planning for a September 2010 wedding, but pushed it back to 2011 when we realized how much this was going to cost us! Surprised  That said, the new July date gives us more time to save up.

Our desired venue won’t take reservations over a year out, so that’s on hold for now.  But I’ve been scouring sites for ideas on dresses, invitations, decor, etc., although nothing concrete has really been done yet.  I’ve subscribed to tons of bridal magazines and have created a few binders full of ideas.  I’m so glad to know that I’m not the only one who has started planning this far out, though! 

The topic ‘July 2011 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors