July 2011: What are your DUDES wearing?

posted 4 years ago in July 2011
1342 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

me likes :-)

FH doesnt care if it’s gonna be hot… :-/  he wants to wear a suit…with a jacket!!! i’m like, the whole thing is outdoors!! ur gonna pass out from the heat before i even make it down the aisle!! ::sigh:: men….

1607 posts
Bumble bee

The men will be wearing darker grey tuxes with purple vests and ties.  It’s not set in stone yet, but that is the look we are aiming for…hot or not!  They can always take off the jackets for some of the pics and for the reception, of course. 

740 posts
Busy bee

My guys are wearing black suits with purple ties. :) Simple, yet chic.

1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

our guys are going for tuxes. even though I’m pretty sure I’m engaged to the sweatiest man alive, who runs 20 degrees hotter than everyone else, there’s no changing his mind about the “only thing he gets to decide on” in the wedding! (not true, but I let him be dramatic..choose your battles, right?Wink)

645 posts
Busy bee

We’re going Friday! I am excited to see what he/we pick!

Secretly I’d love a dark gray, or any gray……but will try not to let that be a must!

1163 posts
Bumble bee

Our first choice was something like the OP posted, but gray isn’t going to match well with the hint of color my dress has so we’re on the look out for slim-fitting khaki suits.  I’m worried we may not find them at a reasonable price (ie: less that what the amazing J Crew suits cost). 

3066 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

Baha, my guy has not even thought about this yet. He told me the store he preferred to get a tux from, but that was like 2 months ago. I’ll tell him about the vest idea since we’re having an outside wedding. My I think he’s more traditional and will go for a tux.

56 posts
Worker bee

My guys are wearing light tan suits with aqua ties and vests. 

1163 posts
Bumble bee

@Soon2bMrsBrown: Do you know where you’re getting your suits?  I’m trying all avenues to find ones we like!

56 posts
Worker bee

@Jaynee: We are using our local tux shop called Stricly Formals.  They carry After Six Riviera sand dress suits. Check your local tux shop and see if they carry that style. Do a google search and see if this is what you are looking for.  Let me know how you make out.

827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We’re going with black tuxes.  Not sure about ties yet.  I think FI will wear a pale pale blue tie, not sure about the GM’s.  To be honest, i hadn’t given it much thought until now :s

3311 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I got married last July and this is what my boys wore :)

3311 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

oh and this is what MY MAN wore :)

You must log in to reply to this topic. New to Weddingbee? Sign up to join the conversation!