July 2012 Wedding Colors–Need Help!

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

i love the idea of doing all shades of green! i’ve seen lots of pictures of that lately but can’t seem to find one now to post. 

i think it’s so beautiful and fresh for summer. and very elegant with touches of ivory.

good luck!

184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

navy ivory and lilac very unusual and very in keeping with the grey yet some colour too

701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Since your men are in a neutral, you could put your girls in a rich neutral like chocolate brown or a silver grey, I know light pink colors wash me out horribly and I am pale with pink undertones, the right shade of green would be beautiful though, and then have hints of coral in with the other colors, I think a grey, green, ivory and coral palette could work very well if you do it right.

421 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I second @BlueSatinBows with the different shades of green.  A moss or sage green would be perfect with those flowers and would be fresh enough for the summer months.  I am getting married in July as well (July 1!) and we’re using green… although a slightly brighter green.  We’re using DB’s clover.

PS… That bouquet is BEAUTIFUL!

184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

ok this is a much darker board than i was thinking but if you kept the colour subdued >>>> well it was a thought

2337 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’ve seen green bridesmaids dresses that were really flattering. I think paired with the grey tuxes, they would look really nice.

4812 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My first thought was blush bridemaids dresses would look awesome.

If you really wanted to do coral I think it would look great.  My dress is also ivory and my bm dresses are coral.

I also think a muted green would look nice if you go that route.

256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@SarahM786: i love that color and the dress. J Crew has the most adorable (and generally affordable) bm dresses. i think that color with the hints of green would be fabulous!

You must log in to reply to this topic. New to Weddingbee? Sign up to join the conversation!