July 2013 Babies- Part 1

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
824 posts
Busy bee

yeah!  I was waiting for someone to start this thread.  I tested positive last sunday.  Today I am 4 weeks 5 days.  I have no symptoms except for extreem constipation.  I haven’t had a BM in about a week.  But other than that I feel totally normal.

Me and DH are cautiously excited.  This was only our 2nd month trying and our 1st month charting.  We feel very lucky.

I have my first dr. apt set for Nov. 7!  Praying for a sticky bean!!

An online calculator said that my due date is July 1st :)

3500 posts
Sugar bee

Popping over from the May babies boards to say, congratulations!!!

824 posts
Busy bee

@lieb1984:  Forgot to mention that I only told my parents and my aunt and my girlfriend at work (since she knew we were trying)

824 posts
Busy bee

@lieb1984:  BM means bowel movement   ;)   haha

I’m not really watching what I eat.  I’m just trying to eat more nutritious food.  I typically skip breakfast and lunch.  So now I’m forcing myself to eat lunch – which is usually a subway sandwhich.  Oh, and I have stopped drinking my starbucks.  i switched out for maxwell house… which has less caffeine.

My biggest problem is that I take medication for ADD and I am fairly useless without it.  It’s really hard to me to function when I don’t take it.  So I’m wrestling with that.  I think I am going to try and ween myself off of it, or at least lower my dosage.

Also, I have IBS which is not helping with the typical constipation that comes with pregnancy.  But at least I am use to the IBS symptoms.

532 posts
Busy bee

Hi there!!

So good to hear from everyone!

Im a july 1st due date as well and also just found out we’re pregnant!! About 24hrs ago and still in some shock. Slept about 2 hours still in disbelief!!- It wasn’t even a proper cycle of trying !! so feeling extremely lucky and fortunate. I have been prepping the body (healthy eating, meditation, exercise) for a while though so that must have helped , but For advice out there – cos it was just our first cycle we didn’t even try hard, then we went on beach holiday and did all the active stuff you usually do – snorkeling, bicycle riding, kayaking, and I remember saying what the heck, I’m going to enjoy my holiday and not worry that im in tww and bang, I get pregnant! Amazing how stress and emotions play into it. 

But yea a July baby! Feeling good albeit for some headaches and inmonsonia. 

Still to sort an OB appointment. We just moved countries so gotta get some recommendations. And booked in to do some acupuncture which I love in this first trimester. 

Dont want to tell many people yet (I’m 39 so a bit higher risk) but have told two close friends.

Happy and healthy 9months to all!!!

351 posts
Helper bee

Congrats to all the new mommas-to-be! I’m 33 weeks & on the December board & love reading all the new pregnancy posts. For some reason today they affected me more than usual. I read a few brand new ones and the excitement is contagious, I remembered those first few moments of shock, fear & pure joy!

A happy & healthy 9 months to all!

3682 posts
Sugar bee

Congratulations to everyone!  I had a July 2012 baby.  It’s weird but awesome to see this thread!

824 posts
Busy bee

@MaggieF:  Oh, i think my initial reaction was pretty priceless. 

I was home alone.  I wasn’t going to see DH until the next day.  I took the test… not really expecting a BFP.  So when i saw the BFP I said, “whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?”  then I looked up at the mirror, then back down at the test.  then I put the test down and walked into the next room.  then I walked back into the bathroom and looked at the test again.  then I put the test at arms length to see if I could still see the double line.  Then I flashed the test in the mirror to see if I could still read it backwards.  Then i scratched my head…

It’s still hard to believe because I don’t have the typical symptoms.

You know how they say that 20-30% of pregnancies end in MC?  well, I’m looking at this pregnancy as if that % is much higher.  Meaning, I’m kindof pessamistic about the outcome and I’m trying to brace for a MC.  I know alot of people who have had a MC so I’m kinda bracing for it.

1324 posts
Bumble bee

Hi July Mamas,

I can join you, bc I got my BFP today! With my cycle puts me at about July 5th. I’m sitting here waiting for hubby to get home to tell him!!!

I’m joining this board cautiously, bc I went on the May boards, and then had a MC. I’m still very worried and scared of that happening again, just trying to think the best.

I’m in such awesome shock at my BFP today, before I even saw AF again. I really couldn’t believe my eyes when the test came out positive!!!

*wishing myself major sticky baby dust!*

Really hoping that this one sticks, I’d love to have a July baby, 7 (7th month) seems to always be a lucky number for hubby and me. FX.

Congrats to the July’ers and wishing everyone a healthy 9 months. :)

1324 posts
Bumble bee

@kelly105:  I’m no pharmacist, but look up St John’s wort as an alternative to the ADD meds. It’s natural – don’t know if it’s safe during pregnancy though, just check it out

1330 posts
Bumble bee

Hey guys. I am so excited to join this group. I had a miscarriage in July at 7 weeks and have been trying to get pregnant ever since. I just got my BFP last night! My husband is away this weeked so he doesn’t know yet. My estimated due date is July 4th.

209 posts
Helper bee

Hi Everyone!  Congratulations on your BFP’s! :)

I got my BFP last weekend and did originally join the June thread as the Dr I went to estimated me being due mid to late June (he said go by a 28 day cycle even though I know I ovulated on cycle day 33!) but based on my chart I think its more like 1st July and the midwife I have chosen also said 1st July.  

I am booked in for a dating ultrasound in a few weeks so will know for sure but I still have little to no symptoms so think I am more likely where you ladies are at! :)

@lieb1984: Thats neat you have told your Mom, but must have been hard to hold it off to tell DH first!  I am still having my morning coffee but not eating any soft cheeses, soft drinks etc.  I am actually eating way healthier than normal, lots of fruits and veges etc.

@kelly105:  This was our second month trying too!  Thats neat you have told a few people – were they excited?  I feel the same as you in that I don’t believe it yet as I feel almost completely normal!

@cjfs:  Lucky you – first cycle!  I have heard people say it can happen when you dont stress :)

@Sunshine09:  Sorry about your MC, I really hope this is a sticky baby for you!  How did your DH react when you told him? :)

@As_You_Wish:  Sorry about your MC too, and im hoping for a sticky baby for you too!  When is your DH back?  It must be hard having this little secret to yourself!

@luli29:  @MaggieF:  @mandb122:  Thanks ladies!

DH and I haven’t told anyone at all yet.  We want to wait until our dating scan in a few weeks and then we will prob tell our parents as I think his Mum has already guessed, we were at a family gathering and I said no to wine and she stood up for me whereas usually she would say have one anyway or make a fuss over why I didn’t want a drink. 

We are hoping that if our dates are right we will tell the extended family at Christmas as everyone will be gathered together then anyway.

Wow – sorry for the novel!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.