July 2013 – Part 7

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
374 posts
Helper bee

Response to Kat and MrsSUnflower: It isnt such a common name where I am from, but this year it seems to have grown in popularity. As in I know two other people naming their boys Adam. I had a minor freak out when i found out and went on a new name finding spree, but you know what i realised, his name is for life, he will be my only Adam and I am not going to compromise on the only boys name I have ever loved because other people are naming their sons that as well. 

1579 posts
Bumble bee

@katlovesjames:  Thumbs up back at ‘em!

@ilovestripes:  That’s a great stance to have. There’s actually a boys name that I really like. Aaked DH about it and he said one of his cousins named their son that. I think he saw the disappointment in my face he said he liked the name and it’s a front runner. Why can’t I name our son a name that a cousin who I will never meet named their son. Long story short good for you!

241 posts
Helper bee

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting in the July 2013 Thread!  We are expecting our Baby Boy on July 2nd!!

826 posts
Busy bee

@katlovesjames:  That is so cute!

@mrsaponte:  Happy to have you! We are very chatty ladies lol

@ilovestripes:  Very good stance to have especially as you said it is the ONLY boy name you love and have for a long time

3680 posts
Sugar bee

@katlovesjames:  love the picture! thanks for the new thread and starting off with a roll call! 

@ilovestripes:  I love Adam on the show parenthood! it’s a good name. & I love that you and hubby r both feeling movement! jealous!

@mrsaponte:  welcohope were on the topic of baby names, lots of boys in this thread. have u decided on a name?!

ive been having steady cramps for about the last 12 hours, period like I guess. but no bleeding. hoping things are just stretching out in there. sent a message to my clinic this morning so we will see when/if they reply. I hate calling my doc I feel like a crazy. 

1071 posts
Bumble bee

@katlovesjames:  So cute :)   We got a high five the other day lol

We were talking about names again last night, so far on our short list we have Nolan (hubby’s fav), Gentry, Camden, and Weston.  Still wish we could use Hudson :(   Hubby said if I let him use Nolan I could name the next one whatever I want, sounds like a tempting offer :)

1071 posts
Bumble bee

@wifegoodman:  When I had cramps last week I called my dr but she was out of town.  I talked to the nurse, she said take tylenol and drink a lot of water, if it doesn’t get better I needed to go to the hospital.  After 4 hours I went in.  When I got to the ER they said it was probably just round ligament pain (which should only last 5-15 minutes and get better when you lay down, mine hurt for 12 hours). I tried to tell them I have cysts on both sides and it felt like the right one was acting up.  The tech that did the u/s was an idiot… I told her I had one big dermoid on the left and a smaller fulid cyst on the right.  She couldn’t even find the one on the left! When I went to my dr Wednesday I told my sonographer I was having pain on the right, she looked – I have a 2nd cyst on the right! So I’m guessing that’s why it was hurting so much.  So now I have 3, and the tech at the hospital could only find 1… My tech found all 3 within 30 seconds of looking.

1021 posts
Bumble bee

@katlovesjames:  That thumbs up is awesome! It looks like he’s saying “Everything’s cool Mama!”

@wifegoodman:  I’ve been having a lot of cramps over the past couple of days also.  Wednesday was when I hit 15 weeks and I had them all day Wednesday and all day yesterday.  I did a lot of online research and it appears to be totally normal.  I’m not too worried and will mention it to my doctor when I see her next week (unless I start bleeding and then I’ll obvioulsy freak out!)  I read that drinking more water and laying down helps.  

913 posts
Busy bee

@katlovesjames:  haha perfect!! He’s like – I am A-OK mom!! Keep up the carbs and sweets.  :)   At least that is what i hope my babe is saying. haha!

678 posts
Busy bee

@mrsaponte:  Congrats and welcome! You’re in good company with a boy on this thread! When are you due?

913 posts
Busy bee

@wifegoodman:  I cannot believe i forgot to watch greys!! My husband had parent teacher conferences all night so i started watching the pretty little liars series on netflix and missed my show!!!!

And to your second post – sorry about the cramping!! I get sporatic little cramps and pains but nothing consistent.  Always safe to call the doctor!! I bet babe is just reallllyy stretching out! :)

@mrsaponte:  Welcome welcome!!

Somebody commented about being dehydrated on the last post – and I get dehydrated really easily and get migraines from it….. the doctor recommended I drink half of my body weight in ounces of water at the very least each day.  So I am required to drink around 65 ounces since I weigh 130 but I drink around 100 ounces and it seems to do the trick!!  You basically don’t have room to drink anything else bc you are drinking so much water.

826 posts
Busy bee

@Mrs.D:  

@wifegoodman:   When I had my cramping that lasted for about 4 hours before I called the on call Dr. She had said to keep drinking, drinking, drinking water, lay down and take it easy and  to come in the next day if I wasn’t feeling better. I wasn’t but turns out it was just braxton hicks contractions. I don’t know if it is because it is my 2nd that I had them so early or if you can get them whenever whether it is your first or fifth. Either way hope all is well and that you start feeling better soon.

@Mrs.D:  Cute high five! Kinda makes you scared to go to even the hospital when they have people like that working there.

@MrsB1015:  I know I don’t drink enough water, and maybe drinking more will help with my migraines? Ugh I just hate drinking water. I also know I need to start drinking more water when I start cramping and that seems to help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.