July 2013 pt 4! New Year, New Things!

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: what do you THINK youre having?!
    boy : (19 votes)
    25 %
    girl : (19 votes)
    25 %
    2 girls : (0 votes)
    2 boys : (1 votes)
    1 %
    1 boy/1 girl : (2 votes)
    3 %
    what would you prefer to have?! (besides healthy babe 10 fingers 10 toes!) : (2 votes)
    3 %
    boy : (5 votes)
    6 %
    girl : (16 votes)
    21 %
    either or, really! : (13 votes)
    17 %
    1213 posts
    Bumble bee

I feel guilty putting what I hope to have LOL

1213 posts
    Bumble bee

no no no leave it!  I always wanted a girl because girls are yours forever… boys are yours until they get married;)…. I have a feeling, as does my mom and DH, that it’s a boy.

Honestly I just want a healthy baby… very nervous about Monday’s scan!

I wasn’t offended at all:) 

ETA I can’t answer both so I just put that I think it’s a boy.. it won’t let me click more than one option.

572 posts
    Busy bee

I think I’m having a boy, but everyone else thinks that it is a girl. We’ll see soon enough!

572 posts
    Busy bee

@wifegoodman:  I’m not sure if you are carrying high or low quite yet. I think it’s too early. But I’m so jealous of your bump! I will take a picture at 11 weeks on Friday. I might wait longer because there is nothing yet except my little gummy bear baby wiggling around.

572 posts
    Busy bee

Is it weird to want to add a bunch of you ladies to Facebook?

1281 posts
    Bumble bee

I voted that I think I’m having a boy. Been having dreams about it and my FI James has as well. But I have no preference. I’d be happy with a healthy baby, boy or girl.

@wifegoodman:  Funny that people are telling you you’re carrying high at only 11 weeks. I think it’s too early to tell, but you sure do have an impressive bump.

374 posts
    Helper bee

I voted boy even though i have confirmation of sex as I felt strongly that it would be a boy. 

Also I just posted on the old thread so will have to repost here. 

@H2MrsDj:  we’ve shared the gender cos that was quite a clear picture of a willy, also I didn’t feel like another few weeks of family members predicting a girl when every part of me just knew it’s a boy. It’s going to be quite a shock if he turns into a she after seeing that scan. Just two weeks til my next gynae appointment, I’m pretty sure I’m going to ask her to double check the sex at every app. I can’t wait to see him again.

Have any of you started thinking about prams and car seats yet? I duno how we’re going to choose, there are so many options and so many things to think about. We’re ordering our cot and compactum later in the month, we’re having them made which takes about a month so we’ll have them by the end of Feb. I’m one of those get everything ready well in advance types so I’m sure my hosp bag will be packed and ready to go with months to spare.

I announced on FB after our fetal assessment, and gee wizz, my wall blew up with well wishes, it was quite touching. How many of you will be announcing on fb? I had just posted pics of our honeymoon-babymoon before hand so I think people were a bit surprised cos I still look pretty normal, unless you know what my boobs and tum norm look like sans clothing. I’ve slacked off on the baby bump pics, but I’ll post one from our holiday when in front of the reg pc – there still isnt much there and during the day it gets all bloat baby.  Anyone have bump pics to share?

This is my most recent bump pic… i swear there is something there! I look rather weird without a head, but i am not a fan of weddingbee’s lack of privacy

Since annoucing I have found out that 2/3 people are using our boy name for their sons. All of them due before me, one of which i’ve been friends with since grade 9. It isnt a popular name, it hasnt ever been, but suddenly its the name of the friggin year. I’ve always loved it and it’s the only name on my list so now i dont know what to do. Im going to look like such a copy cat. What would you do if in my shoes? Our sons name is for life, i dont want to compromise and pick something else when i’ve had my heart set on this one name for years, it’s so frustrating.

and finally… This is the pic we used to announce on FB

176 posts
    Blushing bee

well since the holiday madness has calmed down i figured i would come back to the bee. I’ve been reading and keeping up with you all and all i’m saying is wow those are awesome pics across the board loved them all. 

Got my perscription vitamins filled and they make me horribly sick. i just want my gummies back. I have a feeling somethibg is off so i’m trying really hard not ti think about it. my 12 week appt (technically my 13.6 week) is the 9th. I just keep trying to relax. So far so good. I cant even explain my off feeling hopefully its moreso because my house is still trashed and we’re taking our kitties back to tge shelter this week after about a year with them. We got them when my baby fever was at an ultimate high. but since a week before we found out tgeir attitudes have totally changed. despite a completly clean litter box they PEED IN MY BED pooped in tge bath tub chewed through almost every coard in the house including 2 tvs and the $200ish power supply for the computer. so i’m posting on my phone sorry about the typos t9 doesnt work on here. 

826 posts
    Busy bee

@H2MrsDj:  My goodness you have been through a lot lately. Hope everything works out for you.

@Mrs-Sunflower:  Awww I really do LOVE u/s pics!!!

@wifegoodman:  What a cute pic of the THREE of you!!

I know some were talking about the difference just a couple weeks can make in what your baby looks like in an u/s pic so I will post my two.

This one is from my dating u/s and I am 8w3d in it

And this one is when I am 11w5d

Have a DR appt today. Hopefully will be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler, as we couldn’t last week. Then I have my NT scan on friday!! Hoping we might be able to find out the gender (doubt it but I can hope) lol

1213 posts
    Bumble bee

@MisStine:  Did you take them to the vet to rule out a medical issue? If it’s a shelter and not a rescue, kitties with such issues are typically just put to sleep… if that’s the case and you can’t find a home for them it’s kinder to have them pts yourself instead of putting them through the stress of a shelter. I don’t mean to sound harsh but I’m in a rescue and so many pets are turned into shelters because of babies coming…. most issues can be worked through and the sudden change in behavior for both of them must be stemming from something…

Hoping a better solution can be found!

826 posts
    Busy bee

Oh I didn’t vote because I don’t want to jinx myself. SO keeps saying/calling it a boy just because he knows I want a girl. Grrrr so aggrivating lol We have a DS already and this will be our last so I am really really really hoping for a girl. But ultimately just want a healthy baby. Also HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.